Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Albums with CD-Text? (Read 4292 times) previous topic - next topic

Albums with CD-Text?

Has anyone ever come across a commercial CD that has CD-text?

Albums with CD-Text?

Reply #1
Back when I used images with cue sheets, I encountered a few, many of which were by Epic/Sony if I remember correctly. Some of them had the metadata formatted badly and/or redundantly, e.g. the album title formatted as "Artist - Title", every track suffixed with "(Album Version)", etc. In such cases I usually left it as it was for archival, whereas I normally [re]tag all my files fairly neatly (e.g. capitalisation, version info in []s, etc.)

Albums with CD-Text?

Reply #2
I have a couple of them.
For example, Steve Vai's Flex-Able Leftovers. And it's Epic/Sony release.
They didn't bother to put even a CD digital audio logo somewhere on the cover, not to mention CD-Text logo, or any note that this data is present on the CD.
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Albums with CD-Text?

Reply #3
They didn't bother to put even a CD digital audio logo somewhere on the cover

Perhaps it was copy-protected. Many (maybe all) such methods cause the CD to violate the Red Book standard, and thus be forbidden to bear its logo.

not to mention CD-Text logo, or any note that this data is present on the CD.

I don't think either are ever included. I doubt many people care anyway; I don't think CD-Text is widely written or readable, or noticed when present.

Albums with CD-Text?

Reply #4
Michael Jackson - Invincible (Austrian Pressing) has text but its all in CAPITALS
Michael Jackson - Thriller (2001 Special Edition but it has to be the Vinyl Classics series where the CD has a fake vinyl cover) has perfect CD Text.

Thats all I've discovered so far.