Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme (Read 77729 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme

Reply #75
thank you! that did the trick.

one other question, is it possible to add the lyrics panel to the library tab as well?
i use the library tab almost exclusively but i enjoy seeing the lyrics as well.
something like this

Reply #76
This might be a basic Foobar2000 change, but I only noticed it after updating to the new version of Eloe: the Search bar behaves differently. It starts searching as I'm typing, and when I press enter, it just starts auto-playing the very first thing it finds.
Can anyone advise? Thank you.
Hi,

Grab the latest nightly version there, you will then be able to deactivate this auto search feature using the little down arrow on the left of the search field. Uncheck "search as you type"

or is there a way to sort by %artist% but say if there's two artists names seperated by a comma then it puts the song in both artists page?

anamorphic replied perfectly to your questions (thanks!).

Wave Seekbar

Reply #77
I'm trying to add my old seekbar from https://foobar.hyv.fi/?view=foo_wave_minibar_mod - either replacing the current one or simply adding it. But it always overlaps other controls. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Reply #78
Hi,

Grab the latest nightly version there, you will then be able to deactivate this auto search feature using the little down arrow on the left of the search field. Uncheck "search as you type"
Amazing. Thank you!

Reply #79
Brilliant theme - many thanks for developing it Ottodix.

I'm still very new to Foobar and still finding my way, so I'm hoping someone maybe able to help.  I've catogirise my collection by sub-genres using the style tag, and would like this to feature in the left-hand menu and be able to filter by it, but just can't figure out how to do this.  Any pointers or advice will be really appreciated

Reply #80

I'm still very new to Foobar and still finding my way, so I'm hoping someone maybe able to help.  I've catogirise my collection by sub-genres using the style tag, and would like this to feature in the left-hand menu and be able to filter by it, but just can't figure out how to do this.  Any pointers or advice will be really appreciated
If you want to display a custom tag on the filters on the left column of the library panel, you can do right clic > settings... > group by > preset 1 (or 2 or 3) > Custom titleformat
And here you can put your custom tag (so %STYLE% i guess) and a custom name (so style, i guess :) )

You can't have both the genre and the sub-genre on the same view however.

Reply #81

If you want to display a custom tag on the filters on the left column of the library panel, you can do right clic > settings... > group by > preset 1 (or 2 or 3) > Custom titleformat
And here you can put your custom tag (so %STYLE% i guess) and a custom name (so style, i guess :) )

You can't have both the genre and the sub-genre on the same view however.

Many thanks!

Reply #82
Hi Guys, write english with google translation, sorry!
Very good Theme, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I want to find two settings:
1. I want the library to show:
Group By: Artist, Title Song. Νot Artist, Album you see in the photo:

2. I also want if it is possible when I press double left click in the playlist, not start the song automatically.
I just want to see the Playlist.

With Shift/Right Click Properties i can't find anything.

Reply #83
1. I want the library to show:
Group By: Artist, Title Song. Νot Artist, Album you see in the photo:
right-clic > settings > group by > custom titleformat > "%artist% ^^ %title%"

2. I also want if it is possible when I press double left click in the playlist, not start the song automatically.
I just want to see the Playlist.
Then do a single left click, it does that!

Reply #84
right-clic > settings > group by > custom titleformat > "%artist% ^^ %title%"
Right-click > group by > custom titleformat > "%artist% ^^ %title%" it shows it like this, check the photo:

Then do a single left click, it does that!
The playlist doesn't does not work one click.

Reply #85
Then remove the ^^, they are effectively useless there.

About the playlists, it supposed to activate the playlist when you do a single left click on its name on the left column, I don't understand your issue.

Reply #86
Then remove the ^^, they are effectively useless there.
I want to see, up the artist and down title song

About the playlists, it supposed to activate the playlist when you do a single left click on its name on the left column, I don't understand your issue.
It's okay, in the future I will fix it, no problem.
I like it the way it is the eole, thanks for the eole!  :)

Reply #88
Now you can do it, grab the latest build there https://github.com/Ottodix/Eole-foobar-theme/zipball/master/. And then in group by > custom titleformat, you will be able to choose separately a titleformat for each lines
Oooh Thank you very much, this is the most beautiful, the best music program with the best skin player! :)

Reply #89
Damn this looks great, I still had the first(?) release lying around from back in the day when you posted it through MediaFire but somehow never got around to using it after having tried it out. Dunno why as it already looked nice back then.

I do have a small problem though, I've only just installed it a a couple of hours ago and not gone through it extensively but I kinda don't like the circle view artwork in the right hand pane. I discovered an item on the context menu there that has a tickmark in front of the circle view item, but it doesn't want to do anything it seems. As in it doesn't appear to work as a toggle?

Am I looking in the wrong place or is this a small buglet?

Reply #91
Hello,
I'm used to create playlists instead of aggregate music by library. Is there any option to sort playlists alphabetically?

Reply #92
Nope. This is easy to code, but this would be more disturbing than helpful on most case. Playlists are sorted by date of creation, you can reorder them using a drag and drop and it won't change sorry.

Reply #93
I'm used to create playlists instead of aggregate music by library. Is there any option to sort playlists alphabetically?
You could always use SimPlaylist Manager to sort the list of playlists if you really need to. Open the pop-up by View menu > SimPlaylist Manager, select more than one playlist, right-click > Sort menu.

Reply #94
@Ottodix
I'm using 135 playlists. No being able to simply sort by eg. right click option is painful. Dragging playlists in this quantity one by one is a huge nonsense.

@anamorphic
Thank you! This is helpful workaround.

Reply #95
Hello, Sorry, brand new on this forum, I don't know if I'm in the right place? I am discovering and I am a new user of foobar2000, I would like to know if this skin is usable in portable version V1.1.7 please.
Good day to you and thank you for your reply
The inventing mind is always unhappy with its progress, because it sees beyond.

Reply #96
Hello Ottodix,
Superb skin I love! Finally I did not see that I could install the latest version 1.5.2 in portable version! Everything went well except, there is one thing that I cannot do or that I do not understand. By reading the file 'Install-Readme' in the part "4. Configuring the Winamp directory I have an error with a crach of directx. I enclose the screenshots. I copied pasted the Winamp directory in C: \ Program Files. I don't know if I understood the handling of the Readme file correctly? I'm using Google translate and maybe the translation is bad.
Good day and again a big thank you for this excellent work.
The inventing mind is always unhappy with its progress, because it sees beyond.

Reply #97
Hi,
It's quite a common issue. You'll have to install/reinstall directX, according to those screenshots. And if you can't make it work, another option is to remove the visualization part of the skin, there is instructions in the readme about that:

Right click the visualisation tab at the top and select Settings. Check "hide visualization tab". And remove the Shpeck component at the bottom of the panel list in File > Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Layout (right-click over Shpeck > Remove panel)

Glad that you like this skin!

Reply #98
I've revisited the theme seeing that the Circled vs. Square album art issue is fixed now...  so I explored the theme some more.
I still like it but there's one thing that I wished were different. It would be ever so helpful if there was just one central setting to control dark mode  because it was rather annoying to have to figure where the setting was located for each view.
scratch that, seems the little moon icon does just that
As for the theme itself, outstanding. can't say anything else. Hats off to you for it having just about anything one could wish in a theme

One question, where can I disable showing the wallpaper background on the Biography panel in the Now Playing view?

Reply #99
I'm using 135 playlists. No being able to simply sort by eg. right click option is painful. Dragging playlists in this quantity one by one is a huge nonsense.
I understand, yes. Let's say that if someone come up with a SMP code to sort the playlists alphabetically, I'll incorporate the code into an option for this skin. But currently, i've got other things on my plate.

One question, where can I disable showing the wallpaper background on the Biography panel in the Now Playing view?
This panel is the biography script by wilB (with minor changes). So maybe it's doable from the right-clic "Panel properties" option, but I don't know, maybe not. I don't want to edit the code of this script , because wilB maintain it and it's quite convenient to use his script without any modifications.