Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Last.fm: Passwords Security Issue (Read 1940 times) previous topic - next topic

Last.fm: Passwords Security Issue

Source

7th June 2012,
We are currently investigating the leak of some Last.fm user passwords. This follows recent password leaks on other sites, as well as information posted online. As a precautionary measure, we’re asking all our users to change their passwords immediately. We strongly recommend that your new Last.fm password is different to the password you use on other services. ...
... We’re sorry for the inconvenience around changing your password; Last.fm takes your privacy very seriously. We’ll be posting updates in our forums and via our Twitter account (@lastfm) as we get to the bottom of this.

The Last.fm Team

As i've seen a fair amount of HA-members using LastFM-services and if you don't visit their site regulary this would be hard to know.
Unsure if it's qualify-able news here on HA. But important it is for sure.

Reply #1
Not really a proper news item, but it's still a useful post. General Audio seems like a sensible place for it.

Reply #2
I hadn't logged into the site in quite a while and had to brute-guess my password. Turns out it was really, really weak. Thanks for the heads up!