Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 1.5 produces strange hidden window object that catches my focus (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 1.5 produces strange hidden window object that catches my focus

Am using NVDA, which is where the following log output is from. When the majority of windows and dialogs on my system disappear, sometimes whether they had popped up in-app or I had alt+tabbed to them and closed them, my keyboard focus seems to land on this strange object, rather than returning to the last window that had focus before I went to the dialog. For reference, my foobar is fully hidden in the system tray, or it should be. From examining the properties NVDA exposes I have determined that it is foobar that is generating this object. The following is log output generated by NVDA for examination of the navigator object, some of it is internal like the class MRO but the role, state, window class name, and other such attributes might be useful to you. Note that the way it indicates strings is with u'text' because it's python 2.7, and None is python's equivalent of null.
name: None
role: ROLE_UNKNOWN
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient object at 0x09925550>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.ContentGenericClient'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: u''
appModule: <'foobar2000' (appName u'foobar2000', process ID 2412) at address 52bdc50>
appModule.productName: u'foobar2000 Application'
appModule.productVersion: u'1.5.0.0'
TextInfo: <class 'displayModel.DisplayModelTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 460088
windowClassName: u'ATL:Message'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 1442840576
extendedWindowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 2788
windowText: u''
displayText: u''
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x8faabe8 at 98f2b20>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=460088, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accName: None
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_CLIENT
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048580)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: None