Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Log file, "Used output format"? (Read 2641 times) previous topic - next topic

Log file, "Used output format"?

In the flac logfile i get this:
Code: [Select]
Used output format : C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe   (User Defined Encoder)
                     320 kBit/s

What does that bitrate signifies? Is higher better? Is lower (like 128KBit\s) worse?

Reply #1
You can't set a bitrate for FLAC as it is a lossless codec; these are VBR by nature and only allow you to "choose" the average bitrate by means of applying different complexities of compression. Regardless, EAC's bitrate selector will not apply, as you are using a User Defined Encoder. In effect, the bitrate in this situation means nothing.

Reply #2
Ok, so if i understood correctly, that bitrate in the log is EACs bitrate and it dosen't matter, because i'm using flac as an encoder, right?

Reply #3
You are essentially correct. The bitrate setting would only have an effect if the user chose one of the "predefined" parameter passing schemes. Many of these seem to be for outdated or uncommon encoders or settings thereof and custom command lines may be recommended instead.