Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CoverDownloader (Read 332064 times) previous topic - next topic

CoverDownloader

Reply #75
I have downloaded the new experimental version(s), both b and c.  However, unlike the regular version, the resulting download is not a coverart folder with properly origanized subfolders, but it is instead just a series of files (less files than the non-experimental version).  When I try to run albumart.exe I get errors because the file expects certain other files in varying subfolders.  As such, how am I supposed to organize the files of the experimental version(s) to work.  Also, the first post indicates that there are updated source scripts attached to the post for wallmart, amazon, etc., but they are not listed.  Likewise, the experimental version says it only works with two  source scripts, but the experimental version(s) come with all the source scripts.

Basicly, can someone explain what to do once one downloads either experimental version so that it works and all of the most recent source scripts are used.  Thanks.

CoverDownloader

Reply #76
Basicly, can someone explain what to do once one downloads either experimental version so that it works and all of the most recent source scripts are used.  Thanks.

Try the latest version.

This version features the 'queue' system I had planned to implement earlier, any new searches you initiate from the commandline will be queued in the existing instance of the program.

CoverDownloader

Reply #77
A good cover art site I have discovered in my travels is http://www.cover-paradies.to/
Cover Paradies.

Cover art is high quality, from 1024 and up.  Sometimes below.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

CoverDownloader

Reply #78
Has anyone else noticed the whitespace border that has been added to any cover art on Amazon.com?

CoverDownloader

Reply #79
Thanks for adding my suggestions!   

Not to sound greedy, but I have a few other things for you to consider:

Something in the status bar to indicate it's done searching.  I know sometimes it says Complete, but it continues downloading more thumbnails.

Google Image support, though you'd probably want to limit it to the first 10 matches or something.

Alpha-sorting within groups.

Session cache.  If you view and then download, it has to download twice.  Also, often times it grabs the same thumbnail for multiple searches.

Thanks again! 

CoverDownloader

Reply #80
does anyone know why it works fine retrieving the cover art but then a error message comes up saying
"unable to connect to the remote server"

CoverDownloader

Reply #81
New version out. This time the scripts are in a new language, 'Boo', which is very python-like, and are only compiled when they changed, so startup times should be way faster.
The folks at rateyourmusic seem to have gone to lengths to block automated scripts, so the rateyourmusic script is disabled for now.

Edit: download here

CoverDownloader

Reply #82
New version out. This time the scripts are in a new language, 'Boo', which is very python-like, and are only compiled when they changed, so startup times should be way faster.

Great piece of work.
The speed prevented me for using it before but now it's fine
I really miss displaying the size of cover if that could get implemented somehow and also pressing ESC to close the preview window would be nice

CoverDownloader

Reply #83
Why does it connect to akamai.net?

CoverDownloader

Reply #84
Great piece of work.
The speed prevented me for using it before but now it's fine
I really miss displaying the size of cover if that could get implemented somehow and also pressing ESC to close the preview window would be nice

Escape feature added for next version. I'll look into the sizes thing, the problem is that its impossible to know the size without downloading the full art (the old version guessed).

Why does it connect to akamai.net?

One of the sites it downloads covers from is probably using akamai for bandwidth/hosting. Akamai run a network of servers around the world and they use DNS etc to invisbly redirect you to the closest server. For example when I visit microsoft.com the images come from an akamai cache in Auckland.

CoverDownloader

Reply #85
Hi, first a huge thanks to u david_dl, the last version works just great and is a lot faster. Yet i have a little request which might not got birth but i think it is worth asking.
I am using rockbox on my jukebox and it can display album arts but they have to be 75x75 and be named cover.bmp. It could make my life and i am sure the life of a lot of other people if there could be an option in coverdown to save as you save a cover another file named cover.bmp which would be 75x75 in the same directory.
Do you think it is possible?

CoverDownloader

Reply #86
Works great! Thank you

It's quick and simple unlike some of the competition.

A whole lot easier than googling for album art covers 

CoverDownloader

Reply #87
I am using rockbox on my jukebox and it can display album arts but they have to be 75x75 and be named cover.bmp. It could make my life and i am sure the life of a lot of other people if there could be an option in coverdown to save as you save a cover another file named cover.bmp which would be 75x75 in the same directory.
Do you think it is possible?

Irfanview may do this with no hassle. Just press B and look in 'Advanced otions'

CoverDownloader

Reply #88
IrFanView/Image/Resize-Resample image/preserve aspect ratio.

Just key in 75 (pixels) in one box and the other will also reduce the same.  Then save it as a .bmp.

I use this to make avatars and icons all the time.

CoverDownloader

Reply #89
Irfanview may do this with no hassle. Just press B and look in 'Advanced otions'

But it would be less hassle if CoverDownloader did it. I will add options for saving in other formats. Also I'm thinking about the best way to handle inlay/cd/rear covers, such as those found on the excellent site someone posted somewhere in this thread (it's in german but is still usable).

CoverDownloader

Reply #90
It is not a question of how to do it because i have a soft a lot easier to use than irfanview. I just have to drag the folder.jpg in it and i have a cover.bmp 75x75.
AS said david_dl it would so much easy and quick to do it with coverdownloader.

Thanks a lot david_dl for thinking about it 

CoverDownloader

Reply #91

But it would be less hassle if CoverDownloader did it. I will add options for saving in other formats. Also I'm thinking about the best way to handle inlay/cd/rear covers, such as those found on the excellent site someone posted somewhere in this thread (it's in german but is still usable).
Any new cover art sites would be welcome.  Especially the ones that have large jpg images like WalMart does.

One niggle.  Is there a way to shut off that 'Server returned an error' GUI?  I'd just as soon not have to click it out of the way every time one of the sites is down.  Let it just fail in silence while the rest of them download their images.

This program is fantastic and really helps speed up my album art acquisition.  I still have to occasionally Google for out of print albums but what the heck.  By the time EAC is done ripping, I already have the folder.jpg in place and the next one ready to drop in the next rip folder.

CoverDownloader

Reply #93
Hi again. Buy.com seems to be broken, i'll investigate it some time.
Anyway here's a script for CoverParadies. These covers are simply awesome (and caching is badly needed because of their size, so i'll implement that for the next version).

Just save it as a .boo file in your scripts folder.

Edit: The forum screws up the script so I've had to attach it.

CoverDownloader

Reply #96
Hi,

I have this plugin hooked up to foobar using foo_run but everytime I search for CD art the artist and album is question marks and I keep getting the same 9 assorted album covers. I can search manually, but I read that using foo_run was much faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CoverDownloader

Reply #97
Have you heard of Albumart.org?

As far as I can see albumart.org is just using the Amazon results which Amazon.boo already fetches. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Could be.  I just saw some nice covers on there, but didn't note their source.

CoverDownloader

Reply #98
Hi,

I have this plugin hooked up to foobar using foo_run but everytime I search for CD art the artist and album is question marks and I keep getting the same 9 assorted album covers. I can search manually, but I read that using foo_run was much faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the commandline I use for foo_run, works just fine for me 
C:\<YOUR PATH TO ALBUMART.EXE>\albumart.exe "%artist%" "%album%" "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%artist% - %album% - Front.jpg"

The only thing you have to do is insert your path to albumart.exe (can be done via de browse button) and edit the filename (marked in red) to your liking. The result will then be saved in the same folder as the song you started foo_run from. 

I hope this helps, Tich

CoverDownloader

Reply #99
Hi,

This is the commandline I use for foo_run, works just fine for me 
C:\<YOUR PATH TO ALBUMART.EXE>\albumart.exe "%artist%" "%album%" "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%artist% - %album% - Front.jpg"

The only thing you have to do is insert your path to albumart.exe (can be done via de browse button) and edit the filename (marked in red) to your liking. The result will then be saved in the same folder as the song you started foo_run from. 

I hope this helps, Tich

It turns out that I tagged all my .wavs wrong as there is no metadata apparently. I can read some .mp3s that I got online, but my .wavs have just titles and nothing else. COuld you point me in the right direction to ripping CDs with tags that would allow me to use this plugin? God, I am a noob...