Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Drive database updates (Read 2820 times) previous topic - next topic

Drive database updates

I get a drive not in database error when i try to update offsets for ripping.  My laptop is about 4 years old HP with only standard disc drive. Why? 

Re: Drive database updates

Reply #1
Perhaps no one has taken the time to find its offset. This requires using Exact Audio Copy or dBpowerAMP and letting the AccurateRip engine check the offset with three known discs.

Or perhaps it's one of the unreliable models where different drives with the same name had different offsets. Those are removed from the database.

You can check the list of drives with known offsets, and the offset value, here. If you find your drive on the list while foobar2000 claims it's not there, please report back with details of the problem.

Reply #2
also sometimes for some reason if the drive name is really long or has too few entries  it wont look up automatically so try a manual look up before giving up
http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm

Reply #3
I have a "ASUS - BC-12B1ST b" drive and auto looking up the offset in foobar gives me a database error as well. Detection in dbpoweramp and cuetools works perfectly though.

Reply #4
Indeed the lookup doesn't work due to a glitch on our side. Will be fixed in the next update.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
I have a "ASUS - BC-12B1ST b" drive and auto looking up the offset in foobar gives me a database error as well. Detection in dbpoweramp and cuetools works perfectly though.
for that particular model it is not recommend for ripping due ti a inconsistency between drive offsets per unit if the unit is not to old i would return it and look for a  BDR-XD05 model instead

The asus had a Purged status not so long ago it seems back  now but given its history i would not trust its output i had bought one and gave it away for this reason

Indeed the lookup doesn't work due to a glitch on our side. Will be fixed in the next update.
bless you sir this has actually been a very long standing issue so happy for the fix
side note are we close to gold for 1.14?

Reply #6
for that particular model it is not recommend for ripping due ti a inconsistency between drive offsets per unit if the unit is not to old i would return it and look for a  BDR-XD05 model instead

The asus had a Purged status not so long ago it seems back  now but given its history i would not trust its output i had bought one and gave it away for this reason
I've had the asus drive since 2013 so returning it isn't an option. I also setup the offset using key discs in dbpoweramp and eac, they both gave me a +6 offset.

So maybe the drive model wasn't consistent in the past but for my specific drive it seems fine.

Reply #7
Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I get it right, that inconsistency means that your friend, who obtained same drive also in 2013 would have for example +24 samples, while your neighbor who bought it in 2014 would have -6. And you all will keep having same offsets for certain piece.

Anyway - if you expect that inconsistency to happen on a single device, then I would try much more key discs than just 2. I would go for 10 or even 20.