Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CaTRoX (QWR Edition): fb2k theme (Read 64120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CaTRoX (QWR Edition): fb2k theme

Reply #25
Version: 4.0.5
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.0.5
Changelog:
    Added
    • Art Mode: title queries and title cycle interval can be configured now through Panel Properties.
    Changed
    • Art Mode: empty title text is skipped skipped now.
    • Top Panel: adjusted fb2k logo color :D
    • Compiled latest v1.3.x foo_jscript_panel with extensions (v1.3.2.2).
    Fixed
    • Playlist Panel: fixed various errors with custom grouping query.
    • Menu Panel: fixed pseudo caption not always working.
    • Fixed wrong window sizes on Player Mode change when FrameStyle is
      other than NoBorder.
    • Removed unneeded resizes on mode change.

Reply #26
Is the modded jscript panel your development of marc2003's last version? Did I miss some other post about it?
I'm late

Reply #27
Is the modded jscript panel your development of marc2003's last version? Did I miss some other post about it?
Not really: v1.3.2.2 is the the latest available JScript from marc2003 prior git take-down. The included component is just a rebase of my old extensions on top of it =)

I'm not sure if marc2003 is coming back to these boards, but he resumed the development of the original JScript. This theme will be updated once the new version of JScript is ready for release.

Reply #28
Version: 4.1.0
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.1.0
Changelog:

Added
  • Added compatibility fixes for vanilla JScript v2.0.0 component.
  • Track Info Panel:
    • Added ability to add, copy, edit and remove metadata tags (through double-click and context menu).
    • Added tooltips on hover, which display full tag value.
    • Made possible to hide file info tags and show only metadata tags.
    • Added animation on mouse click.
  • Playlist Panel:
    • Added ESplaylist-like ability to customize grouping presets (right-click > Grouping > Manage presets):
      • Presets can be added, changed, moved and removed.
      • Customizable title and sub-title queries in group header.
    • Added CTRL-SHIFT-up/down hotkeys - moves selection up/down.
    • Added 'pressed' animation to playlist manager.
  • Context Menus: developer context menu (accessible via SHIFT-right-click) now contains all base panel scripts in it's 'Edit panel scripts' sub-menu.
Changed
  • Updated WilB's scripts:
    • Library Tree 1.3.9.2.
    • YouTube Track Manager 3.9.4.
  • Track Info Panel: rewritten from scratch.
  • Playlist Panel: date and album are not displayed now in compact header if empty.
  • Various performance improvements.
  • Updated theme.fcl:
    • Added compatibility fixes for vanilla JScript v2.0.0 component.
    • Added new script files.
    • Changed default panel properties.
  • Major internal changes.
  • Compiled latest foo_jscript_panel with extensions (v2.0.2).
Fixed
  • Fixed crashes when starting fb2k in minimized state.
  • Playlist Panel:
    • List padding (set via panel properties) is respected now.
    • Fixed incorrect scroll position that appeared in some cases.
    • Fixed invalid drag-n-drop position.
    • Fixed various errors with drag-n-drop on empty playlist area.
    • Fixed invalid position of CTRL-V pasted items.
    • Fixed CTRL-X not removing cut item.
    • Fixed various crashes during playlist navigation while focused track is not set.
    • Fixed grouping settings not respecting playlist changes.
  • Cover Panel:
    • Fixed 'Loading' text being stuck on script load.
    • Fixed crashes when track is deleted during art load.

Reply #29
hi, just looking your theme. you have release version 4.1.0 but with file name catrox_qwr_edition_4.0.5.zip, is it just wrong naming or completely different release?
anyway link above is invalid. regards :)

Reply #30
hi, just looking your theme. you have release version 4.1.0 but with file name catrox_qwr_edition_4.0.5.zip, is it just wrong naming or completely different release?
anyway link above is invalid. regards :)
Darn! Thanks for noticing! That's why copy-pasting is a bad practice... >_<""

Correct link for v4.1.0: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.1.0

Reply #31
still catrox_qwr_edition_4.0.5.zip.

foo_jscript_panel_modded [JScript Panel (foo_jscript_panel)]
↑Please change component name, file name and version.  ;)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #32
Fixed >_<""""""""""""""""""""""

PS: No need to redownload, it was just a wrong zip name, the contents are correct.

Reply #33
Hey QWR, kind of a weird question, but how much work did you do with the playlist side of things? With ExtremeHunter's permission I ripped his playlist code out for use in my theme about 4-5 years ago. I've fixed most of the bugs I think, but there's a lot of code that seems unnecessary. I'm interested if you've changed it drastically.

Currently considering whether I want to update.

Reply #34
Hey QWR, kind of a weird question, but how much work did you do with the playlist side of things? With ExtremeHunter's permission I ripped his playlist code out for use in my theme about 4-5 years ago. I've fixed most of the bugs I think, but there's a lot of code that seems unnecessary. I'm interested if you've changed it drastically.

Currently considering whether I want to update.
Well, uh, actually, like most of the theme, it does not share any code with the extremehunter's version at all =)
Playlist was rewritten from scratch and only the original design was retained. It became quite big though (feature-wise as well), but hopefully code is much easier to understand and to modify (it is for me obviously :P).
Feel free to ask here or via PM if you have any questions about the code.

Reply #35
Haha, cool. Everytime I have to touch it I think of how it needs a complete rewrite, but then I think of how it works 95% and how I've spent so much time already fixing it....

If you're okay with me potentially cribbing large chunks of your code for my own theme, I'll give it a looksee. :)

Reply #36
Haha, cool. Everytime I have to touch it I think of how it needs a complete rewrite, but then I think of how it works 95% and how I've spent so much time already fixing it....

Those 5% that were nearly impossible to fix and being unable to add new features without breaking something somewhere is what forced the rewrite...

If you're okay with me potentially cribbing large chunks of your code for my own theme, I'll give it a looksee. :)
You can use whatever code you want as long as the credit is given where it's due =) Theme uses @marc2003 samples and also includes some of the @WilB scripts (see https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR and it's wiki for more info)

Reply #37
Version: 4.1.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.1.1
Changelog:
    Changed
    • Playlist Panel:
      • Playlist Manager: changed button animation style for better consistency with the rest of the theme.
      • Grouping Dialogs:
        • Added workaround for borked buttons in Windows 7.
        • Added fb2k icon to the window.
        • 'Apply' and 'Update' buttons are now active only when there are pending changes.
        • Dialog windows are now centered.
    • Compiled latest foo_jscript_panel with extensions (v2.0.4).

Reply #39
Interesting. Is there a way to do without foo_ui_hacks, which violates the SDK license?
Nope, not possible: most of the major theme features rely on functionality provided by foo_ui_hacks and are impossible to implement with vanilla JScript alone.

PS: And as was said many times before, technically foo_ui_hacks does not violate SDK license, since it does not use fb2k SDK at all. Moreover, in 2018-02-05 SDK license update Peter removed the following part
Usage restrictions:
It is illegal to use this SDK as a part of foobar2000 components that operate outside of legally documented programming interfaces (APIs), such as using window procedure hooks to modify user interface behaviors. We believe components doing so to be harmful to our userbase by introducing compatibility issues and dependencies on undocumented behaviors of our code that may change at any time without any notice or an update to the SDK which would reflect the change.
thus even if foo_ui_hacks was using vanilla fb2k C++ SDK it would not violate it's license.

PPS: Loved @Peter 's comment in that SDK update changelog: "A less restrictive license - common sense cannot be enforced" - so true >_<

Reply #42
Great work man, I really like the theme except for the library tree.
Is there an easy way to replace it with the standard Album List viewer? I'm not so experienced with modding things myself.

Reply #43
Great work man, I really like the theme except for the library tree.
Is there an easy way to replace it with the standard Album List viewer? I'm not so experienced with modding things myself.
Replace the highlighted JScript Panel with the one you like =)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #44
Alright that works. I had to download a Columns UI component for it too.
Any idea how I can adjust the size of it? It still looks a bit awkward and covers most of the bottom 2 tabs.
Also I found these colour options but I can't adjust them. Are they set in a script?

Appreciate the help =)

Reply #45
Alright that works. I had to download a Columns UI component for it too.
Any idea how I can adjust the size of it? It still looks a bit awkward and covers most of the bottom 2 tabs.

Appreciate the help =)
You probably replaced the wrong panel. The panel you need to replace is called 'Library' in Panel Stack Splitter.

Also I found these colour options but I can't adjust them. Are they set in a script?
Most of the theme colors are hard-coded in script files (i.e. it does not use CUI color settings), so you'll have to replace them manually if you want to change them.

Reply #46
First of all, many thanks for your incredible theme. I have found some odd behaviour with "Various Artists" compilations showing the very first artist instead of album artist:

Can I change it on my side or is a randomly generated feature (aka bug)?

Kind regards

Reply #47
First of all, many thanks for your incredible theme. I have found some odd behaviour with "Various Artists" compilations showing the very first artist instead of album artist.

Can I change it on my side or is a randomly generated feature (aka bug)?

Rather it's a randomly generated oversight (aka lack of testing) =)
Title query in header uses first track in group for evaluation.
You can change this title query in grouping preset manager (see >>link<<) with something like
Code: [Select]
$if($greater($len(%album artist%),0),%album artist%,%artist%)

Reply #48
That did the trick, many thanks!

Reply #49
Hey,
so WilB is an awesome guy who asked me for feedback and wants to fix most of the issues I had with Library Tree.
Looking at the components I didn't install it myself though. So is this somewhere in your modded JScript thing? Would I be able to change to a new version of Library Tree myself without breaking a bunch of other stuff? His update is not done yet, I'm just asking.

Also I've had some issues with hotkeys.
Middle mouseclick on an item in Library Tree is supposed to add to playlist but does nothing.
CTRL-O for 'Open Folder Containing Selected Item'    opens my Documents folder, not the proper album folder.
CTRL-Q for 'Add Selected Item to Playback Queue', SHIFT-Q for 'Remove Selected Item from Playback Queue', CTRL-SHIFT-Q for 'Clear Playback Queue'            Are these supposed to add to the playlist or just go inbetween the end of the current and the start of the next song? Either way I see a 0 pop up for the Library Tree jump search thing and nothing happens.
I had the same problem with some other hotkeys I tried to set up in the foobar options.

Not sure if you're the right person to ask here but the Top Rated filter finds nothing, even though I've tagged a few songs with 5 stars.

So despite that it's been fun exploring your theme. I like it a lot.  ;)