Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A few things with the UI (artwork column, multiple album artists) (Read 1027 times) previous topic - next topic

A few things with the UI (artwork column, multiple album artists)

Hi,

So basically I had to reset my windows installation. Like a complete doofus, I forgot to back up my foobar settings first, and now I can't get back to what I had.

This is what everything currently looks like:

There are a couple of things I'd like to be able to do:

1) I remember that I used to have an artwork column within my playlist viewer such that the artwork for an album would show up to the left of the date column on the image above.

I can't work out how to do this.

2) It used to be the case that when I had multiple album artists (for instance, as per the image above, I might have "Boris; Merzbow"), the album would show up in the loaded playlist of both Boris and Merzbow rather than "Boris, Merzbow". Can't work out how to do this either.

Re: A few things with the UI (artwork column, multiple album artists)

Reply #1
It used to be the case that when I had multiple album artists (for instance, as per the image above, I might have "Boris; Merzbow"), the album would show up in the loaded playlist of both Boris and Merzbow rather than "Boris, Merzbow". Can't work out how to do this either.
I think you are incorrectly referring to what is shown inside your Facets (which is a library viewer) UI element as 'loaded playlist'. Your actual playlist viewer is what's under Facets (where I don't see problems with multiple artists).

You can go to 'File/Preferences/Media library/Facets' and adjust the corresponding columns' name and pattern. You must likely have something like %album artist%, while what you want is %<album artist>%.

Useful info:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Facets_(foo_facets)#Multivalue_fields
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax

I remember that I used to have an artwork column within my playlist viewer such that the artwork for an album would show up to the left of the date column on the image above.
You were most likely using a third party playlist viewer component. Does CUI ring any bells? If not, you were most likely using something like simplaylist.

Reply #2
I think maybe I downloaded a pre-made theme or something. I don't really know how all this works that well; would I be able to use the simplaylist playlist viewer while still using the facets filters at the top?

Thanks for the first answer. :)

Reply #3
Yes. You can replace your current playlist viewer with simplaylist (or whatever you choose) using layout editing mode. You might want to back up your current setup if you are unsure how this works.

Reply #4
Awesome, many thanks. Sorted.