Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a tool to mass detect cuesheets errors (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a tool to mass detect cuesheets errors

Hi there,
I would like to know weather you guys would know an external software or a foobar component that would allow me to scan faulty cuesheets in my library. By faulty, i mean errors that would prevent the music to be read.

I'm asking this because i'm putting together a very large music collection accumulated over the years from different horizonts, and i won't be able to go through them individually, just too many.

Thanks in advance.

Nico

Re: Looking for a tool to mass detect cuesheets errors

Reply #1
I don't have a tool suggestion right now but curious how the cuesheets are to be used?
For example a multiple files with gaps (Noncompliant) cuesheet may be read fine by ImgBurn but throw an error in foobar2000.
korth

Reply #2
curious how the cuesheets are to be used?
I have all my library tagged using cuesheets, and i'm playing the music with foobar2000.
So the syntax errors that wouldn't allow to burn a cd might not necessary affect foobar2000.

Reply #3
Did the foobar2000 author already comment about that issue that his program can't read "multiple files with gaps (Noncompliant)" cuesheets? I mean it's very annoying & wonder why that issue still exists.

Reply #5
Thanks! Sadly I lack any Python knowledge though.

Reply #6
what sort of errors do you have in your cuesheets?

Reply #7
Your question made me investigate again to prevent myself posting wrong information here and I discovered that foobar2000 does play some (most?) cue-files created with "multiple files with gaps (Noncompliant)"-setting in Exact Audio Copy fine, which I didn't think was the case, however I had updated foobar2000 in the recent weeks so maybe that did help. I'm now running foobar2000 version 1.5.1.
However many cue-files still won't play. Dragging&Dropping those cue-files into foobar2000 results in a single playlist entry and when you try to play that it pops up a message like as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to open item for playback (Error parsing cuesheet: invalid index list (line 22)):
"E:\Audio\Ich + Ich - Vom selben Stern [2007]\Ich + Ich - Vom selben Stern.cue"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The line-figure varies between the problematic cue-files but it always points to a "TRACK"-line like "TRACK 03 AUDIO".
The cue-files I tried to play today that turned out to be not working all contain German Umlauts like ü, ä, ö so maybe that is the real problem although the error messages do not particularly point to tracks which contain German Umlauts so the error messages make no sense whatsoever to me.