Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need Help Getting Started with Customizing User Interface (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Help Getting Started with Customizing User Interface

Hi, this is my first post here, so please forgive me if it's in the wrong section.

I am trying to escape iTunes, and I have been testing out Foobar for about a week now.
I have a few questions, mostly related to customizing the user interface.

First off, can anyone identify the theme used in the following picture? I don't remember where I found it, and I tried doing a reverse image lookup on Google, but couldn't find anything.
[span style='color:#000000;background:#000000']

Reply #1
That is a very basic setup with some horrible transparency thrown in. It's one you can easily replicate. Looks like CUI to me. Download it and play with it - layouts are a little tricky at first when you're using how to use splitters, but you'll catch on.

The panel borders, toolbar and menu backgrounds, scrollbars, and status bar all come from your Windows theme. Either change this to change the look, or dive into Panel Stack Splitter to arrange your UI elements into a borderless config. There's a learning curve here - best thing to do is grab a complicated config like this one and pick it apart.

The "code stuff" is called Title Formatting, and it's what you need to learn to tell foobar how to display text. To learn about it, click on the Help menu, and choose "Title formatting help".

Reply #2
Great, thanks a lot for the tips.

I don't care much for the transparency either. I'm otherwise more impressed by the cleanliness of the interface and the simplicity of it.