Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Genre changes without my influence (Read 914 times) previous topic - next topic

Genre changes without my influence

Hi,
I'm from Germany and new here. I'm using Foobar 2000 since a few months without any problems. But yesterday I added 20 new tracks to my pc and edited the complete Id3 Tag. Today there are many entries under the topic "Genre" filled with "Other". I've not typed that in the box before.

Furthermore it is not possible to change this entries without using Foobar. In Foobar I can add one genre name and press "Apply" in the properties and the entry is changed. if I'm trying this in the file properties in the Windows Explorer, after pressing "Apply" the entries are changed too, but when I open the properties directly again, there are still the old values.

What's wrong there? In "Windows Media Player" every options concerning automatically updating or completing tags are disabled, and I have no other media player.

Kind Regards

Marvin

Genre changes without my influence

Reply #1
What genre did you set on those files? Or did you set any at all?