Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can corrupted playlists be recovered from foobar cache/temp files? (Read 1841 times) previous topic - next topic

Can corrupted playlists be recovered from foobar cache/temp files?

Hello, some months ago my computer suffered a power outage, resulting in that foobar overwrote all playlist as empty. Is there any chance there are playlists in the cache or in temporal files? For me it means a year of background music selections which is priceless. I checked the changelog and there was a fix related to playlist corruption so in that regard I assume it is fixed, so there's any chance to recover them?

Re: Can corrupted playlists be recovered from foobar cache/temp files?

Reply #1
foobar2000 did nothing to your playlists during that power outage, the operating system toasted them, probably along with a bunch of random still-cached files, which are now forever lost, unless you had real backups.

Reply #2
What foobar2000 version are you using?

There were improvements in 1.4 series meant to prevent exactly this from happening; older versions would save all playlists on each shutdown while 1.4 and up only rewrites ones that actually changed.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
An older one: 1.3.19
Not sure if relevant but in case it is: I was using foo_jesus.

Reply #4
And do you still have the foo_jesus ZIP files?

Unfortunately I think it (still?) does not include the playlists-v1.3 folder (or playlists*) by default unless you had added that to foo_jesus preferences. So you might be out of luck...