Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425387 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #650
2 Gierwant:
Deskband controls settings are stored in c:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DeskbandControls\DeskbandControls.json
You can safely delete this file and uncheck/check toolbar option in taskbar right-click menu to apply defaults.

2 Revup67:
But it is a Windows deskband and has nothing to do with toolbars that are inside the foobar2000 player window.

2 Mirage-:
This must be your system specific issue as I did not encounter explorer crashes on any of my (or my friend's) computers.

Reply #651
Hi thanks for the note.  My mistake, the "buttons' feature is not part of Deskband.  Ultimately Deskband within the Foobar toolbar never shows up though the Deskband Component installs successfully within Foobar 1.4 (shows up in components).  I did find the complete extraction in the roaming folder as suggested.  I followed the uninstall instructions exactly.  Removed the component in Foobar.  There was nothing to disable in Toolbar so I simply did a "reset' in toolbar as a just in case to default values.  Ran the uninstall as an Admin and it showed success, ran Explorer.  I thought all was good until I opened Foobar and got this error:  ABORT : IGNORE "RETRY as a component failed.  After looking around for some time I found a new folder in the Roaming folder called "Pending".  In the Pending folder was the Component for Deskband with Zero bytes.  After removing this file and the pending folder, Foobar opened again normally as if nothing had ever occurred.  I hope this helps you as I was unsuccessful in getting Deskband to work on Win 10 / 64 bit /8gig ram / SSD drive. - thank you

Reply #652
Revup67 - Unfortunately your description is not enough to understand what went wrong in your case. The normal process should look like this:
1. Download component file from here: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_deskband_controls
2. Right click this file, select "Properties". In the properties window find "Unblock" checkbox and check it. Click ok.
3. Double-click component file. foobar2000 player should open and ask you "Do you want to continue?". Click "yes".
4. Component will appear in components list (unloaded). Click "Ok". foobar2000 will ask if you want to restart it. Click "Ok".
5. On foobar2000 restart a UAC window will open. Allow it to proceed (click "yes").
6. A console installer will run. There should be no errors in it. If it says "Types registered successfully. Installation completed." then you  are good. Close console window.
7. Now, right-click on taskbar and in "Toolbars" submenu there should be "Deskband Controls" item. You may have to wait a few seconds and right-click taskbar again as it may not appear instantly in the list.
8. After you clicked on "Deskband Controls" menu item start some music and you should see the deskband.

Hope this helps.

Reply #653
Yea! It works. Thank you so much eldarien.
PS. Greetings from Poland

Reply #654
Thanks for the continued assistance.  Steps 1-6 there was no issue on multiple attempts.  Deskband Controls just doesn't appear in the toolbar menu.  I realize not every PC is the same and perhaps one other component is causing the toolbar not to appear or perhaps some other nuance.  All the green text prompts are in place as per the instructions - no issues except as above and I can assure you when uninstalling the uninstall did not complete and a Pending folder shows in the Roaming component sub folder as mentioned.  Until I remove the deskband component file and the Pending folder Foobar prompts with Abort:Ignore:Retry - I'll just stick with the default player that's fine - cheers

Reply #655
Hello!
I tried reinstalling Deskband controls after happily using them for a long time.
Sadly I had to move my OS to a different drive (harddisk failure), so I went with a big upgrade as well.
That means that I have a multiple monitor setup today and that leads me to a possible error with your component.

After installing (succesfully) I can't make the deskband toolbar show up.
When I check the checkbox, it sends an error message (shown below).
I have two fullHD monitors next to each other not exactly as a rectangle (one is a bit lower) so that might mess up with it as well.
(have a loock at the 2nd screenshot to see more (the monitor numbered as 2 is the main one)

Reply #656
Hi skullinsky!
Please tell me what OS version are you using (build number). Did you have any issues with windows updates?
Because this looks like a Windows issue...

Reply #657
Yeah,
I do have issues with windows updates. But not on the computer side.
I really hate the start menu redesign that rolled out with win 10 1607 So I'm still using 1511
to be exact, it's 1511 build 10586 (yeah, I did block the updates so there is a newer build available).

Reply #658
Well, that is the issue. GetDpiForWindow function is not available till 1607.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getdpiforwindow

I've made a build for you without this function, although if you use window scaling other than 100% there may be size related issues.

Reply #659
Thanks a lot! I don't use window scaling at all since my screens are 24" with full HD, it's quite comfortable at 100% :)

And it works without a flaw!

Reply #660
Thanks for the continued assistance.  Steps 1-6 there was no issue on multiple attempts.  Deskband Controls just doesn't appear in the toolbar menu.  I realize not every PC is the same and perhaps one other component is causing the toolbar not to appear or perhaps some other nuance.  All the green text prompts are in place as per the instructions - no issues except as above and I can assure you when uninstalling the uninstall did not complete and a Pending folder shows in the Roaming component sub folder as mentioned.  Until I remove the deskband component file and the Pending folder Foobar prompts with Abort:Ignore:Retry - I'll just stick with the default player that's fine - cheers
The same as you, Deskband Controls doesn't appear in the toolbar menu.  (win10 17763.253  foobar2000 1.4)  Have you solved the problem?

Reply #661
After upgrading to Windows 10 my deskband controls don't work properly anymore. I use Foobar2000 portable.

The Deskband controls are installed and visible, but don't get updated. They say **Stopped** instead of the song title and the Buttons don't work. Strangely the progress bar moves...

Reply #662
Hi Alexander.

Please do not run foobar2000 as administrator, deskband controls can not send commands to an elevated process.

Reply #663
Thank you very much, that helped.

Reply #664
Revup67 - Unfortunately your description is not enough to understand what went wrong in your case. The normal process should look like this:
1. Download component file from here: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_deskband_controls
2. Right click this file, select "Properties". In the properties window find "Unblock" checkbox and check it. Click ok.
3. Double-click component file. foobar2000 player should open and ask you "Do you want to continue?". Click "yes".
4. Component will appear in components list (unloaded). Click "Ok". foobar2000 will ask if you want to restart it. Click "Ok".
5. On foobar2000 restart a UAC window will open. Allow it to proceed (click "yes").
6. A console installer will run. There should be no errors in it. If it says "Types registered successfully. Installation completed." then you  are good. Close console window.
7. Now, right-click on taskbar and in "Toolbars" submenu there should be "Deskband Controls" item. You may have to wait a few seconds and right-click taskbar again as it may not appear instantly in the list.
8. After you clicked on "Deskband Controls" menu item start some music and you should see the deskband.

Hope this helps.

Worked perfectly for me, thanks!
IndieRockSteve

Reply #665
It seems since W10 1903 upgrade I rather often view the .Net error message somehow related to DC - while error window stays on screen the taskbar is unresponding. Usually happens after exiting a fullscreen game, independently of foobar running state. It may be somehow related to my display settings (3840x2160; 175% scale) or not - just a guess.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at dcmFoobar2000.Code.Controller.DestroyControls()
   at dcmFoobar2000.Code.Controller.RegisterControls()
   at dcmFoobar2000.Code.Controller.ApplyConfiguration()
   at Deskband.App.ApplyConfiguration()
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at Deskband.Band.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ActiveXImpl.System.Windows.Forms.IWindowTarget.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Reply #666
Request of adding function:
Ability to disable "Mouse Wheel Mode" completely.

Currently in the "Deskband Controls Settings", the "Mouse Wheel Mode" could be set to "Volume" or "Position". I want to set it to "Disabled". So mouse wheel does nothing.

Reason I want this function: I am using a software called "Volume2" to control system volume. Whenever I move my mouse to the very bottom of screen, I can use mouse wheel to adjust system volume. So I accidentally change foobar2000 volume as well, a lot.
I tried to avoid the area where deskband control bar is, after 1 year I still couldn't completely avoid it. I tried to edit the .json settings file, remove whatever is after the "Mouse Wheel Mode", won't work.
(Using DeskBand Control 3.6.1, and Foobar2000 1.4.6, both the latest version.)

Reply #667
Hi ei4ia, I'll take a look.

Hi Execucucu, request accepted :)

Reply #668
hi, thanks for this fantastic addon. I'd like to report a small bug, that when the mouse is hovered over either the deskband or the floating window, mouse4 and mouse5 have their functions reversed i.e. mouse4 (the button closer to the front) skips to the previous track instead of the next. ditto for mouse5, which skips to the next track instead of the previous

Reply #669
One feature request: would it be possible to have the "Stopped Text" setting be able to use formatting tags like the "Format" and "Paused Format" fields, but for the song most recently played/stopped? The idea being, when I hit the "Play" button on a stopped playlist (or a stopped single song), it's going to start with a particular song, and it might be nice to know what that is at a glance without having to switch back to fb2k. Thanks!

Reply #670
Hi Viqsi! Request accepted.

To all, new build soon (tm).

Reply #671
Hi,

I experienced this issue a few times now, intermittently (probably related to some specific title's metadata, I guess). I hope you can make something out of this data.

Regards
  sthones

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Flags()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.IsImageTransparent(Image backgroundImage)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Color backColor, Point scrollOffset)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs pevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintTransparentBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Region transparentRegion)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Color backColor, Point scrollOffset)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintTransparentBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Region transparentRegion)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmEraseBkgnd(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Deskband
    Assembly Version: 3.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 3.6.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Deskband.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Deskband.Core
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Deskband.Core.DLL
Ninject
    Assembly Version: 3.3.4.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Ninject.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
dcmFoobar2000
    Assembly Version: 3.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 3.6.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/dcmFoobar2000.DLL
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3825.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ContextMenuHandler
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/pCloud%20Drive/ContextMenuHandler.DLL
SharpShell
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/pCloud%20Drive/SharpShell.DLL
System.ComponentModel.Composition
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.Composition/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll
System.Design
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Drawing.Design
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.Design.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Reply #672
Hi sthones!
Can you reproduce this issue with specific file / image / tags? If so, please upload some sample here, it could help a lot.
Also, what OS version is that?

Reply #673
Hi sthones!
Can you reproduce this issue with specific file / image / tags? If so, please upload some sample here, it could help a lot.
Also, what OS version is that?

It's Windows 10.
I could try to find a file, but once the DeskBand is in that state, I can't get it back to normal without a reboot - a restart of foobar2000 doesn't help. and at the moment I cannot reboot, so it'll take a while.

Regards
  sthones

Reply #674
Hi!
Thanks for this addon - great job!
One question: why does the panel close on pause?
I have to open the main foobar window to continue.
When it closes at a stop - it is more or less logical. But on pause obvious that I would like to continue from the same place.