Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME 3.97b2 (Read 52352 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #25
Hi,
Is there a apt-key signature key for your debian RareWare repositories. I'm using sid and I can just use --allow-unauthenticated with apt-get but I like to use aptitude and it just looks ugly   with all those U's splattered all over the place.
thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345770"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

no. i don't develop/package with a key yet (so, none is available for the repo).  It isn't a high priority, either.

(...oh, i'll get to 3.97b2 when i get home from work, btw)

later

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #26
I will post a 'final' beta, plus derivative compiles, once the beta 2 version is announced at Sourceforge. Only then can we be sure that we have the full beta 2 release.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345890"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's unclear to me, has this been done now ?

EDIT: I'm not quite sure how to go about checking for announcement of the beta 2 version at Sourceforge, is there a link ?

Regards,
Madrigal

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #27
I will post a 'final' beta, plus derivative compiles, once the beta 2 version is announced at Sourceforge. Only then can we be sure that we have the full beta 2 release.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345890"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's unclear to me, has this been done now ?

EDIT: I'm not quite sure how to go about checking for announcement of the beta 2 version at Sourceforge, is there a link ?

Regards,
Madrigal
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346261"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All the beta 2 compiles now at Rarewares are the final beta 2 versions.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #28
All the beta 2 compiles now at Rarewares are the final beta 2 versions.
Thank you. 

Regards,
Madrigal

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #29
Thanks John.

NB: lamedropXPd says it is using beta 1.  Edit: On Encoding Options dialogue.

I like the spinning LAME logo.
I'm on a horse.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #30
Thanks John.

NB: lamedropXPd says it is using beta 1.  Edit: On Encoding Options dialogue.

Oh b*gg*r!! OK, I've fixed that and uploaded again. It was only the narrative, it was using the correct libs. BTW, thanks for letting me know. 
I like the spinning LAME logo.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346268"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #31
Thanks a bunch, john33! Appreciated.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #32
Thanks a bunch, john33! Appreciated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here! Thx to the LAME devs also!

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #33
...and I just finished encoding 11,000+ songs with B1, lol.  Glad I have them all FLAC'd.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #34
note: Theres only a point in re-encoding if they're at preset fast medium or insane. Not an urgent need to do so even if so.
no conscience > no custom

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #35
-V 2 --vbr-new -Y

That's what I use, so I probably won't re-encode for awhile ;-)

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #36
insane. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346434"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

te he - now that's a sneaky little link in the 'i' isn't it

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #37
lamedropXPd writes comment field: Encoded using LAME-3.97b1 in tag.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #38
-V 2 --vbr-new -Y

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346435"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, but what is -Y for?

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #39
-V 2 --vbr-new -Y

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346435"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, but what is -Y for?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346576"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Disables SFB21, so nothing above 16khz is encoded.  Personal preference, because I can't hear that high anyway, and it reduces filesize.

Edit:  yes, i know about preset medium 

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #40
te he - now that's a sneaky little link in the 'i' isn't it

-must be a bug in the forum software hawkeye...
no conscience > no custom

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #41
lamedropXPd writes comment field: Encoded using LAME-3.97b1 in tag.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346572"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And, again - b*gg*r!! I think I'll simply remove that tag - it's not exactly necessary. Thanks for the notification.  I'll upload again a little later.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #42
lame.exe fixed for .mp2 and mp3 decoding: lame.exe only (ICL4.5). For mp3 and mp2 decoding, this now yields the same output as foobar2000 but the error checking remains unchanged.
2005-11-29

That's for 3.97b2.  3.97b1 had a fixed exe as well from what I remember and 3.96.1.

Why have a fixed exe for decoding separately for each version?  Can't the fixes be included in the regular versions?

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #43
lame.exe fixed for .mp2 and mp3 decoding: lame.exe only (ICL4.5). For mp3 and mp2 decoding, this now yields the same output as foobar2000 but the error checking remains unchanged.
2005-11-29

That's for 3.97b2.  3.97b1 had a fixed exe as well from what I remember and 3.96.1.

Why have a fixed exe for decoding separately for each version?  Can't the fixes be included in the regular versions?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347323"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The necessary changes have now been merged into the latest 3.98alpha so there will be no more 'fixed' versions after the 3.97 ones.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #44
          o ReplayGain analysis should now be faster when encountering silent parts

Maybe related, but awhile ago I created a silent sound file in soundforge and encoded it with: mppenc, LAME, and Nero AAC.
I noticed that LAME took approximately 7x longer to encode pure silence than the others. I thought it was a little strange.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This has obviously changed. Analyzing silent parts is much faster now. I tested the behavior in this thread: [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39198]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=39198[/url].

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #46
3.98a2 (up at Rarewares); is it safe?

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #47
3.98a2 (up at Rarewares); is it safe?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28125]This sticky thread:[/url]
Lame alphas are ONLY for testing. Do NOT use Lame alphas unless you want to test it and maybe provide feedback.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #48
From This sticky thread:
Lame alphas are ONLY for testing. Do NOT use Lame alphas unless you want to test it and maybe provide feedback.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348287"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks. yes, i know it says that. i'm still curious if anyone has had any problems running it.

LAME 3.97b2

Reply #49
Maybe you can tell us your experiences in the meanwhile?
"We cannot win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win."