Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to set up libFLAC on Cuetools 2.1.9? (Read 5087 times) previous topic - next topic

How to set up libFLAC on Cuetools 2.1.9?

Since updating from 2.1.6 to 2.1.9, libFLAC disappeared as an option (only flake exists now) so I tried to add it back manually. Made a custom encoder entry and pointed it to flac.exe, but I don't know what to put in "parameters" and "modes" field. Can someone tell me what to enter to get it to work like it did back on 2.1.6, with the old 1-8 libFLAC modes. I like the 2.1.9 update because it launches much faster so I'd prefer not to have to keep using 2.1.6.

Re: How to set up libFLAC on Cuetools 2.1.9?

Reply #3
I'm having a problem with libflac as well - see below when I try to encode. using libflac. There is an error
"Exception: The type initializer for 'CUETools.Codecs.libFLAC.FLAC.DLL' threw an exception: Dll was not found

(I have followed the instructions and done the fix.)

On 2.1.6,
CUETools.Codec.FLAC.dll is in plugins(x64)

On 2.1.9, it is not there. Instead there is a file call libFLAC_dynamic.dll which is not in 2.1.6

(I'm on windows 10)

Any ideas?
Thanks
dpr

Reply #4
@dpr the described error occurs, if the following file is missing or blocked:
CUETools_2.1.9\plugins\x64\libFLAC_dynamic.dll

Reply #5
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I already know the file is missing - see my post. What to do is the question
Thanks
D

Reply #6
On 2.1.9, ... Instead there is a file call libFLAC_dynamic.dll
Doesn't that say libFLAC_dynamic.dll isn't missing? Something is likely still blocking access to the file.
korth

Reply #7
CUETools.Codecs.libFLAC.dll is in the plugins folder
libFLAC_dynamic.dll is in the plugins/x64

The properties on both dont show anything.

the external flac encoder works ok.
2.1.6 works ok too.
The encoders settings are in the screen shot.
Properties of libFLAC_dynamic.dll are also shown.

Any suggestions on what I should check? (I did a reinstall and a reboot)
d

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply #8
If you don't open the properties for the archive that CUETools is in and check the Unblock box and Apply, then you'll have to do that manually to every executable and DLL file it extracts to.

Reply #12
Web browser and registry fixes only work for files downloaded after the fixes were applied. The AlternateStreamView program linked in the article is useful for identifying that all files are free of data streams.

If the file is not being blocked due to  :Zone.Identifier:$DATA then you'll need to look for other reasons for the file being blocked (or partially blocked) such as anti-virus software or elevated user requirements in the location where you unzipped  CUETools.
korth

Reply #13
Web browser and registry fixes only work for files downloaded after the fixes were applied. The AlternateStreamView program linked in the article is useful for identifying that all files are free of data streams.

If the file is not being blocked due to  :Zone.Identifier:$DATA then you'll need to look for other reasons for the file being blocked (or partially blocked) such as anti-virus software or elevated user requirements in the location where you unzipped  CUETools.

Thank you for the suggestion of AlternateStreamView. I tried it on the entire cuetools extracted folder. Nothing found.
I also tried downloading the .zip again and extracted it into my 'Documents' folder. Same result.
Ran as administrator, same result.

Attached details on the version of windows...

Reply #14

- Scanned the cuetools folder with windows defender
- Did an upgrade to latest version of windows 21H1. (see attached)
No change.

Please can someone confirm that they have Cuetools 2.1.9 runing on windows 10 with intel.
Thanks
d

Reply #15
@dpr, I can confirm, that CUETools 2.1.9 is running properly on different Windows 10 systems with Intel CPUs and using libFLAC.
Windows 10 version: 21H1
OS build: 19043.1202

Maybe you want to try a current test build of CUETools, to check if it is accepted by your system or Antivirus-Software:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/122

Reply #16
@dpr, I can confirm, that CUETools 2.1.9 is running properly on different Windows 10 systems with Intel CPUs and using libFLAC.

Maybe you want to try a current test build of CUETools, to check if it is accepted by your system or Antivirus-Software:
Apologies for the delay in responding. I did not notice your reply. I will check this weekend and report back

Reply #17

Thank you! That works. My OS build is now 19043.1165 vs 1110.
CUETools_2.1.9\plugins\x64\libFLAC_dynamic.dll is there.

Cheers.
dpr