Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC v1.3.2 Final (Read 305598 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FLAC v1.3.2 Final

Reply #100
But there is some benefit using this build? I only noticed now...I'm using FLAC 1.3.2 released - 1 Jan 2017 from xiph site. Release from xiph.org it's a good choice anyway compared to FLAC v1.3.2 (Git-2019-03-07)?
32 bit windows build from 1 Jan 2017 has bug: it can't encode if source wav(w64) file is bigger than 4 GB. It was fixed later in git. Also current git version contains fastCRC patch that slightly increases encoding speed.

I'm on windows 64bit and obviously using 1.3.2 win64 version. So my last question is: is it safe stay with currently version or is better switch to @NetRanger version?
"Always account for the change."

Reply #101
If you need to ask you should stick with the current official version.
korth

Reply #109
I have been testing NetRangers builds for some time. But Exact Audio Copy displays an error message from time to time.

I have not had any issues with the latest build from rarewares (flac-1.3.2-git-20181116-x64.zip).

What could the issue be?

I'm on win 7 x64, using Exact Audio Copy 1.3 and FLAC-1.3.2-Git-2019-07-16_Win_GCC910.7z. Using -8 -V %source% -o %dest% as compression option

Reply #110
If you try and re encode the same track that is throwing the error does it work?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #111
1.3.3 is around as rc3 meanwhile http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2019-July/006411.html

That's great news :)

I have been testing NetRangers builds for some time. But Exact Audio Copy displays an error message from time to time.
<snip>

Never ran into any enconing issues with my compiles. That's the first time i recall seeing any issue been brought up
Im on Win 7 x64 & Win 10 x64.

Reply #113
Could it be some instability with your system? overheating maybe.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #114
No problems with heat, CPU is about 30 Celsius at ideal. And bout 47 Celsius at full load on the hottest core.
I haven't had a BSOD or system freeze in a long time, I think it was about two years ago when I had a BSOD the last time, caused by some bad USB3 drivers, but that was fixed with newer drivers.

Maybe the antivirus could be the one causing trouble, I don't know for sure.

I ran memtest over night earlier this year, no problems found.

Anyway, I'll stick to the rarewares build for now.
Thank you for your reply :)

Reply #116
Win x86 & x64 builds up @ rw:
Quote from: rarewares
Compiles updated to the 1.3.3 release. Intel-19 - 32 and 64 bit compiles for Windows.
http://rarewares.org/
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo