Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature request] Support chapter timestamps from tags (Read 983 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Feature request] Support chapter timestamps from tags

Reply #1
While it is not supported by fb2k natively, it is possible to use foo_input_ffmpeg that supports such chapters format instead of native decoder(s).

Reply #2
I'm having trouble getting chapters to work on a Flac file with foo_input_ffmpeg. I added Flac to the format list and checked "support chapters". Finally I changed the decoder priority. Am I missing something?

Reply #3
In File->Preferences->Playback->Decoding move "FFmpeg decoder wrapper" higher in list than "foobar2000 flac decoder". Also fb2k should be restarted after adding new format in foo_input_ffmpeg settings

Reply #4
Followed the steps and set up the ffmpeg and ffprobe exe path. Could you perhaps upload a file that I can troubleshoot against?

Reply #6
Thanks for thereference files.

A few limations I discovered:
m4a files don't work.
After saving chapeterXXX fileds they don't show up up the properties dialog until you untoggle the FFMpeg decoder.

Either way it works well enough for my needs. Thanks!

Reply #7
I guess that support for vorbis chapters in m4a could cause conflict with native m4a chapters.