Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: quick change of audio output (Read 13358 times) previous topic - next topic

quick change of audio output

I'm always having to change between two outputs when using foobar, 1 using ASIO/Coax for listening via my headphone setup and via HDMI for putting it through the TV speakers.

Is there anyway to quickly change this without having to go though file-> Preference -> Playback-> Output , e.g setup a keyboard shortcut or make a little button to switch between two outputs?

Thanks
Steve

Reply #1
You can bind a keyboard shortcut to Playback->Choose output device

But no "more automatic way" is possible because Output devices are enumerated at startup and subject to change.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Well I wanted this function too, so I found a workaround:

I use 2 portable installations of foobar - both identically setup, except each is set to a different device.

I'm no programmer, but I can't see why a more automatic way can't be done - can't the device's text name be used to select the output?

Reply #3
Holding shift + clicking on "playback" in the toolbar will let you change the output device as well. Not really automatic though.

Reply #6
We made a small windows batch file (vbs file):

Set sh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sh.Run """C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe""", 3, True
sh.SendKeys "+%PI"

Save this for example as switch.vbs and put a shortcut to this file onto your desktop.
In the shortcut you can then define a shorter shortcut like ctrl-alt-o

You can either double click on the desktop shortcut or use ctrl-alt-o.
:-)

Best regards, Maik