Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Show TAK Info & Tags in Explorer (context-menu) (Read 2704 times) previous topic - next topic

Show TAK Info & Tags in Explorer (context-menu)

-- Edit:  I'd not recommend this any longer, unless you don't mind doing some manual setup.  It takes some work to set up under Vista, it turns out, as well as Admn console.  I have a much improved drag'n'drop version I may finish up one day. -----

Working with varous codecs, I kept finding I had to drop to DOS and use Tag.exe to get the tags on TAK files, so I decided to make the tags and tech info available right there from Explorer.  This is a little utility which will allow you to select one or more TAK files in Explorer or a shell substitute, right-click, and select an option from the TAK context-menu.  It pops up a small (resizeable) window which shows this information and can be easily dismissed or kept in the background.

It requires the command-line tools TAG.EXE and the TAK command-line encoder, TAKC.exe, both found just a few posts below.  I'm using Takc.exe 1.0.3 and the most recent Tag.exe from:
Synthetic Soul's page

I have not yet tested in Vista as my Vista installation is down, but I think it just requires responding to a dialog verifying creation of the registry entry at setup.  Works well in XP on two machines for me.  Much easier.  I may add other codecs later.

Best... 
[attachment=4209:attachment]

[attachment=4210:attachment]