Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cuetools not reparing despite much better db entry (Read 1783 times) previous topic - next topic

cuetools not reparing despite much better db entry

I have run CUETools in repair mode, and received the following result:

Code: [Select]
.\filenamecue: differs in 61 samples, confidence 7, or verified OK, confidence 1.

Normally, the application would ask me to select whether I wish to repair to the other entry. In this cases, it simply passes the file after the verification phase. Why might it not prompt me to repir in this case?

Re: cuetools not reparing despite much better db entry

Reply #1
Full logs only please.
How *exactly* did you initiate the repair? (input path, etc.)
There are no popup windows in batch modes. Make sure there was only one rip selected.
korth

Reply #2
Full logs only please.
How *exactly* did you initiate the repair? (input path, etc.)
There are no popup windows in batch modes. Make sure there was only one rip selected.

The report indeed came from a batch operation. I expected the prompts to appear in sequence, just as one would appear individually for a single selection. It is helpful to understand this difference. (In fact, there were popup windows, if you include the prompts for replacing existing files.)

I have a handful of rips similar to the one from the report I have shown. They each have a single match, which I am nearly certain came from my earlier extraction operation. It is straightforward that I would prefer to repair to the value with the higher count of matches. Is a batch operation possible with this effect?

Reply #3
You need to manually make a selection in the popup window if there is more than one recovery record. This cannot be done in a batch because the popup window is suppressed. You need to repair one rip at a time.
korth