Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Artists List on a Various Artist CUE file (Read 2394 times) previous topic - next topic

Artists List on a Various Artist CUE file

I am a novice at CUE files and I know it is a little early in the year, but I have an SACD recording of GRP Christmas Music (Jazz/Folk) with the following CUE file for burning the recording:
It has "Various" listed for PERFORMER, I have REM'ed out the PERFORMER in Windows NOTEPAD. But when I burn the disc with NERO 9 it leaves the disc info for performer blank. If I remove the REM before the line PERFORMER it installs "Various".
Is there a way I can get it to burn in the performer for each individual piece on the play-back screen (I use an OPPO BDP-83) when it replays the tracks?

REM GENRE Christmas
REM DATE 1988
REM DISCID CF0D840F
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b2"
REM PERFORMER "Various"
TITLE " A GRP Christmas Collection"
FILE "Various - GRP Christmas Collection, Disc 1.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Little Drummer Boy"
    PERFORMER "Daryl Stuermer"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
    PERFORMER "Tom Scott"
    INDEX 01 04:05:55
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Carol of the Bells"
    PERFORMER "David Benoit"
    INDEX 01 08:01:05
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Christmas Song"
    PERFORMER "Diane Schuur"
    INDEX 01 11:43:00
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
    PERFORMER "Dave Valentin"
    INDEX 01 15:45:01
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "White Christmas"
    PERFORMER "Lee Ritenour"
    INDEX 01 19:25:01
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "O Tannenbaum"
    PERFORMER "Gary Burton"
    INDEX 01 22:37:13
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "This Christmas"
    PERFORMER "Yutaka"
    INDEX 01 25:48:01
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "God Rest Merry Gentlemen"
    PERFORMER "Chick Corea Elektric Band"
    INDEX 01 29:48:01
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"
    PERFORMER "Szakcs"
    INDEX 01 34:08:63
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sleigh Ride"
    PERFORMER "Eddie Daniels"
    INDEX 01 37:31:25
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "What Child Is This?"
    PERFORMER "Mark Egan"
    INDEX 01 41:12:25
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Silent Night"
    PERFORMER "Special EFX"
    INDEX 01 45:11:51
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Silver Bells"
    PERFORMER "Kevin Eubanks"
    INDEX 01 48:37:01
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Some Children See Him"
    PERFORMER "Dave Grusin"
    INDEX 01 52:06:01

Thank you in advance for your help!
I'm still awaiting my copy of "MENSA for Dummies"!
Dave

Artists List on a Various Artist CUE file

Reply #1
I am a novice at CUE files and I know it is a little early in the year, but I have an SACD recording of GRP Christmas Music (Jazz/Folk) with the following CUE file for burning the recording:
It has "Various" listed for PERFORMER, I have REM'ed out the PERFORMER in Windows NOTEPAD. But when I burn the disc with NERO 9 it leaves the disc info for performer blank. If I remove the REM before the line PERFORMER it installs "Various".
Is there a way I can get it to burn in the performer for each individual piece on the play-back screen (I use an OPPO BDP-83) when it replays the tracks?

Are you meaning that it burns CD-TEXT to specify Album Artist (which I'd have thought would correctly be Various) and Album Title and you want to include also track artists with the track title.

This link may help you if the Nero forums play nice with your web browser (obtained by googling CD Text Track Artist - use Google's cached version if the Nero forums get antsy)

You might need to append the artist to the track title (e.g. TITLE "Little Drummer Boy - Daryl Stuermer") and save that as the title to ensure the artist name shows up. CUE sheets and CD-TEXT don't necessarily use the same information.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD