Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: please add "Release device when idle on pause" WASAPI component (Read 2204 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: please add "Release device when idle on pause" WASAPI component

Please add "Release device when idle on pause" for WASAPI component, this is must-have feature, very comfortably. This is implemented in MPC-BE portable, see screenshot.

Re: Feature request: please add "Release device when idle on pause" WASAPI component

Reply #1
This function is needed for WASAPI Exclusive Mode.

Re: Feature request: please add "Release device when idle on pause" WASAPI component

Reply #2
This would be nice to have. It's annoying having to close Foobar every time I need audio from something else on my computer.

Reply #3
This would be nice to have. It's annoying having to close Foobar every time I need audio from something else on my computer.
Lol, only do we two need this feature?  :o Others like to suffer? :))

Reply #4
I am still on the last stable version but this is a reason for me not to upgrade

+1

Reply #5
it's very simple, you can simply not use exclusive mode.
muting all other apps should be easily doable without exclusive mode if that's what you need.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #6
I am still on the last stable version but this is a reason for me not to upgrade
? - The beta is WASAPI shared mode. Not the same as WASAPI exclusive component.

Reply #7
Ah, sorry, didn't realize that this thread was about the component...
All that WASAPI stuff is new to me. At the studio I use only ASIO and at home direct sound so far...