Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 141656 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #350
Thanks regor!! i manage playlist to up hundreds items, and sometimes is frustrating, but, your suggestion is what i was looking for!. thanks again.

Suggest: Add to converter an option to preserve the file timestamps from the source (currently i'm using dBpoerwamp for this), that is copy file attributes from source to destination.

Reply #351
Minor issues:

* Please, the Preferences window is just too little to fit all expanded menu items.

* Even if fb2k has allegedly improved bitrate estimates/calculations, I can still (beta 6) re-encapsulate an mp3 stream into .mka and see bitrates disagree just a little.

* Media Library Error Log repeats errors, of course. But, after a few restarts, the same corrupted files make up for so many errors that if there were something unexpected, it would go unnoticed. Consider a "show only most recent per file" button.
* ... and strangely, there is "Unsupported format or corrupted file" and there is "Corrupted file or unsupported format".
* Often I hit one of the buttons because there is no OK. Fine, fine, I don't need those logs, I can live with a few accidental clear.

* Troubleshooter: The screenshot to help us at https://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/ is obsolete.

Reply #353
to add feature for: to get a set unique songs

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=116509.msg996825#msg996825
Remove duplicates by tag or TF (cut the title up to X characters) or use query filtering

Reply #356
I recently returned to foobar2000. It is v1.6.5.
windows10pro x64 19042
WASAPI event
RME ADI-2 DACFS USB connection
44.1kHz 16bit wave file

After updating to v1.6.6, the space became smaller and flat.
The fog covered it and it became cloudy.
It has stopped penetrating.
After updating to v1.6.7beta1, it got worse.

I didn't think that was the case, so I repeated the update.
But the result did not change.
I gave up and am using v1.6.5.

My brain may be rotten, but I would appreciate it if you could consider it.
Thank you very much for providing very good software.

Reply #357
Custom tag mapping as in Mp3tag.

The reason for this is:

TO SHOW RATING IN TRAKTOR
Format flac files to show RATING in Traktor use the RATING WMP field.
Format mp3 files to show RATING in Traktor use the RATING field.

TO SHOW KEY IN TRAKTOR
Format flac files to show KEY in Traktor use the INITIALKEY field.
Format mp3 files to show KEY in Traktor use the INITIAL KEY field.

It would be nice to be able to write to one tag and for it to be mapped to another for VorbisCommentID3v2 etc.

Reply #358
Wish: Change the opus file icon color from boring blue-ish grey to some other color.

Reply #359
Some suggestions:

1_Support for BEXT tags compatible
X
this info is not showing in todays foobar2000
X
2_Workaround on the limited space for certain dialogs
X
X
3_And of course, in converter, option to preserve the file time stamps.

Reply #360
Suggestion: .jxl support

JPEG XL is different from many esoteric image formats in that it's an ISO/IEC standard, backwards compatible with JPEG, and supports hybrid lossy/lossless encoding. JPEG files can losslessly be converted to JPEG XL while achieving a 20% reduction in size. Furthermore, it achieves better lossless compression than PNG, FLIF, or webp. This is highly desirable because it would save gigabytes in album art/scans. Seeing support in foobar2000 for this next-gen standard would be dope

Reply #361
####  Automatic deletion of radio stations from playlists  ####

I have a list of radio stations in foobar. There is also a control from the foobar controller from a smartphone.

However, when I open a file on a network drive - radio stations disappear and I have to load the list from the file again. I don't know what could be causing this, but it also happens in the stable version.

Reply #362
A search history would be nice to have here shown attached.

Reply #365
I'd like to see an AArch64 port of Foobar2000 and its standard included plugins, for better battery life on the increasing number of AArch64-powered devices from Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Lenovo, and other brands.

Reply #366
Please make DSP preferences page immediately reflect changes made by DSP switcher toolbar, as this was done with Output preferences page in 1.6.7 beta. Currently if DSP preferences page is opened and DSP chain is switched with toolbar, this is not reflected in DSP preferences page until it closed and opened again.

Reply #367
I need a way to skip silence, but only for specified file types. Changing DSPs on a per-playlist or per-file basis is not an option that will work.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #368
The keyboard shortcuts loading time is slow for me. Takes 20-30 seconds to load it when clicked on so improvements to the speed here would be great.

The filter list by is also slow to filter. It hangs for a while between each character.

Reply #369
I'm clearing out a lot of junk and would like if when deleting a file, fb stops the files playback before deletion so this message won't appear.

Or perhaps there's a way around this?

Also, if moving files playback stops before moving them as a similar message appears.

Reply #370
The keyboard shortcuts loading time is slow for me. Takes 20-30 seconds to load it when clicked on so improvements to the speed here would be great.
It opens instantly for me, no delay. Looks like your configuration or a plugin is causing the slowdown, because foobar2000 itself isn't the problem.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #371
It opens instantly for me, no delay. Looks like your configuration or a plugin is causing the slowdown, because foobar2000 itself isn't the problem.
I think it's due to the fact I have many playlists & auto playlists (200+) that populate in that list. I forgot to mention this in my original post.

Reply #372
_

Reply #373
Suggestion: .jxl support

JPEG XL is different from many esoteric image formats in that it's an ISO/IEC standard, backwards compatible with JPEG, and supports hybrid lossy/lossless encoding. JPEG files can losslessly be converted to JPEG XL while achieving a 20% reduction in size. Furthermore, it achieves better lossless compression than PNG, FLIF, or webp. This is highly desirable because it would save gigabytes in album art/scans. Seeing support in foobar2000 for this next-gen standard would be dope
I wish for this too happen too, but considering how long we had to wait for webp, I wouldn't get my hopes high. I always wondered why image handling needs to be resolved on foobar's side at all, instead of windows.

Reply #374
It already is handled by Windows. The WebP support depends on Windows support as well, as far as I know.