Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 for mac (Read 107688 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 for mac

yup...

>>>>> CLICK <<<<<

While it's not being actively developed and has only limited features, I'm releasing it in hope that some will find it useful.

It is built from the same codebase as current foobar2000 mobile beta, hence the versioning: 2.x to distinguish itself from classic Windows foobar2000, x.1.6 for mobile codebase of 1.1.6.

I'm listing El Capitan as the required system version because the playlist tabs are known to render incorrectly on older and I don't currently have time to figure out why. The rest of the app may or may not work on as old as Mavericks, if you use such you're welcome to try and report.

Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Re: foobar2000 for mac

Reply #1
hey thanks for making the effort to do this work and post the results .. !

Reply #2
F*ck! Goint to test this in 1 second!

Reply #3
This is very very basic, but I really appreciate it. I hope this gets some traction!

thank you very much.

Reply #4
Version 2.1.7 up, fixed mishandling of file names containing spaces coming from system file dialogs (thanks kode54).

Reply #5
Loving it, thanks!

Reply #6
thanks Peter

Reply #7
Thank you for bringing fb2k to Mac! One of the things I miss.

Reply #8
Thank you much for this!

Reply #9
Hello, everybody. Have a nice day for everybody.
I've used Foobar2000 on Windows platform but I used it more like a converter and joined the files together in one file.
I'd like to know is there any chance to get converter functions and other functions for foobar2000 on Mac?
Thank you

Reply #10
Awesome! These days I use (the abandoned) Cog player on macOS. An EQ and a time slider would take me back to good old foobar again!

Reply #11
These days I use (the abandoned) Cog player on macOS.
While it does not have an equalizer, it does have a time slider, and I have been maintaining the player for several years now, here.

Reply #12
Have you got a screenshot gallery on your page?

Would be nice to see what you added.

Reply #13
Thank you so much Peter, working flawlessly on macos 10.13.3
You might have just saved me from switching back to Windows solely for Foobar!

Would love to see other features such as the real-time spectrogram (yes, that's the feature I miss most on my mac  :D ) implemented as time goes by.

Cheers

Reply #14
Hello - many thanks for this.  I have been longing for Mac version of Foobar for almost 10 years now (I still maintain my audio PC on Windows from 2003 mostly for Foobar2000).  Three questions : 
1) I am curious on how to use the Foobar add-on components: should they be in the same directory (applications) or be in a separate subdirectory? (or am I missing something)
2) Would it be possible to have a step-by-step guide in a short document (I have downloaded and placed the app in Applications folder, but I'm not sure if there are other things to do at this point)
3) Foobar2000 for Mac (FooMac? :-) works fine -- MANY THANKS -- on my MacBook Air, with my local music, it works like a dream.  However, I wonder if I could use it on my network and access my server (or any other device on my network)

Reply #15
With non-portable foobar2000 you just double-click the downloaded component file if it has the .fb2k-component extension. For portable foobar2000 and for very old components that still use the .zip extension you drag and drop the file over Components screen of Preferences.

Reply #16
With non-portable foobar2000 you just double-click the downloaded component file if it has the .fb2k-component extension. For portable foobar2000 and for very old components that still use the .zip extension you drag and drop the file over Components screen of Preferences.
Is your comment really meant for foobar2000forMac?

Reply #17
My mistake. I somehow assumed he registered to comment on the news and took the opportunity to ask about good old Windows version at the same time. I realize now that the talk about applications directory should have made it clear that it's all Mac-talk.

Let me clarify then that there are no components for the limited and very early Mac version. All existing components are for the Windows version and require Windows operating system for their operation. No other foobar2000 version (mobile, Mac alpha) has SDK for component development.

Reply #18
Ha! For the first time ggl search returned foobar for mac, not the wine port ;) Basic, but works great and is gapless!
Thanks! Can't wait for some more add-ons.

Reply #19
Hey Peter, just registered to say thank you for this. It's very nice, polished and the way I expect a Mac app. For myself it lacks only for one feature I miss so badly. In the Playback menu there should be the shuffle option, so I can play a playlist randomly without pressing the random button all the time.

Can you please implement this feature?

Reply #20
Many Thanks! At last we have a port on mac!

There is needed much time until we have a full version comparable to windows. Let me mention which two points i consider important for further development:

1. Try to use the modern ui of mac os apps (see apple own tools: pages, numbers, keynote; does anybody can say to me what has to be done to let apps look like that? Cocoa? I am not that techy!)

2. Don't try to mimic or copy foobar2000s ui and functionality on windows but make an app which is fully compatible to mac standards and mac users expectations.

Once again: Thanks!
(I was so quiet here since 3 years because i changed to mac)

Reply #21
Hi, Peter!
Thanks for your efforts on making foobar2000 available on MacOS.
Unfortunately, i have a problem. When i try to put my library on foobar, it crashes.
Being more descriptive:
Start foobar ->files->add folder->select folder->click to add=crash.
What can i do?

Reply #22
If foobar2000 for mac is crashing for you, please get me all the information gathered by Apple crash reporter:
In "foobar2000 quit unexpectedly" window, click "Report..."
A window with full crash log will appear - select all the text and post it here.

Reply #23
New version up, 2.1.10. Many bugs have been fixed. Still waiting for crash telemetry info. I encourage everyone to add their entire music library to playlist and see what happens - and send me the full log if it crashes.

Reply #24
i'm sorry, but i feel like i have to ask (as many people pray for this at night):
 is there any hope for linux version?
i think i saw something indicating for such work, but i can't find it now.