Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Small req : attenuation field (Read 2691 times) previous topic - next topic

Small req : attenuation field

Would it be hard to implement a %__attenuation% field?
I need this for some simple OSD. I would like to show the volume (attenuation that is) on-screen, and the only way i know how to do this, is to have foobar write a value to disk, and then read/display this value.

Small req : attenuation field

Reply #1
Would it be hard to implement a %__attenuation% field?
I need this for some simple OSD. I would like to show the volume (attenuation that is) on-screen, and the only way i know how to do this, is to have foobar write a value to disk, and then read/display this value.

Um...
Code: [Select]
int volume = play_control::command(play_control::VOLUME_GET, 0);
?

Unless you really need to do it via a format string - in that case, you can always parse the format spec yourself and handle it.  DanZ is doing something similar for WSGUI, since several useful properties are not accessible outside of the CORE application.