Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k sorting columns like itunes? (Read 2368 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k sorting columns like itunes?

This is probably going to get me flamed, this has probably been asked before, ive used google to search the site as well as tried to use the search function built into the side and failed to find what im looking for, so here goes. I have no scripting knowledge when it comes to foobar and would like some help in acheiving my simple goal.

Reply #1
use facets component to get this to work exactly the way you are seeking

Reply #2
Ive downloaded the faclet plugin from foobar but when i enable editing mode i dont see any option to insert, just trying to set up one big playlist, with filtering like itunes if my first post was not clear, i do not wish to connect to a media library,

thank you.

Reply #3
i do not wish to connect to a media library,

that's the problem. those filters only display what is monitored as part of the foobar library - file>preferences>media library>music folders.

Reply #4
Could you not create just one everything playlist and using facets change it's source from library to playlist via the facet toolbar?
Facets Docs

Reply #5
i had a go at changing it to the current playlist via the toolbar but didnt seem to work for me  i think its only aimed at the media library like said above. so i think that rules faclets out.

@moderators sorry i got confused when posting the topic.

Reply #6
You are probably correct. Worked for me on a quick test, but all the tracks were also in the media library. By the way, using the library is painless 
You would then get to ignore using it as a library browser, if you wish, and use it to browse/ filter your single playlist as I outlined.

Reply #7
must be a way, reason for asking if i keep changing computers (portable install) having a media lib isnt possible but instead having a few 100s tracks on a different partition of my portable hard drive is. but each computer mouts the partition to different drive letters, so i just found it easier to drag a few tracks into fb2k and would like to sort as i pleased.

thanks all for the help.

Reply #8
Partition of portable drive has variable drive letter and contains the music data.
Partition of portable drive which contains the music data also contains foobar2000 program files.
User preference is: Portability AT ALL COSTS.
User preference is: Start foobar2000 with all music data loaded and refreshed in the Playlist Viewer
User preference is: Custom sort scheme for the Playlist Viewer

Therefore... start foobar2000 with command-line parameters using a batch file.
The batch file allows you to set the drive letter and the music data location and startup options before foobar2000 launch.
The sort options of the Playlist Viewer never change; it's up to you to go to Preferences and set them.

Would you like an example batch file for launching foobar2000 from a storage device with variable drive letter?

I'm not sure what any of this has got to do with iTunes !! What does "like itunes" mean ??

Reply #9
must be a way, reason for asking if i keep changing computers (portable install) having a media lib isnt possible but instead having a few 100s tracks on a different partition of my portable hard drive is. but each computer mouts the partition to different drive letters, so i just found it easier to drag a few tracks into fb2k and would like to sort as i pleased.

thanks all for the help.

AFAIK you can do it with facets - just select playlist scope instead library, as in below screenshot:

Reply #10
I'm not sure what any of this has got to do with iTunes !! What does "like itunes" mean ??

This has quite a lot to do with iTunes, given that the OP is wanting to imitate its Genre, Artist, and Album browsers, as shown in the initial screenshot.

Reply #11
One point should be mentioned: facets won't filter the playlist by browsing its content like iTunes  but highlight the matching results.