Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Radiohead - Hail To The Thief (Read 5840 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief

i'm going to buy this album today! i just know "there there" until now and i think it's a great song
does anyone have this album? how good are the other songs?

Reply #1
You can check the BBC site there are reactions below the editorial.
--
Ge Someone
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #2
Buy it!

And after that, buy it again in case something's gone horribly wrong or it "evaporates" from the continuous playing...and if you don't have money, steal it!

I love the album...and unless you are called NME you are probably gonna love it as well. Yorke's vocals have reached a maturity of unbelievable quality, while the melodies and the lyrics reveal Radiohead's ability to expand and "strenghthen" their creative expression closer to perfection.  Inspiration is there as always, but this time they managed to combine excellent the experimental restlessness of their previous 2 albums, with the more straightforward song structures of OK Computer and The Bends.

Check this out as well...

Reply #3
Yep - the main plus point for me is that Thom isn't just "Singing over the top", it actually works.... whereas with Kid A / Amnesiac, it seems that they sort of imitated some early WARP music (which is a good thing) and then just suck some singing over the top, usually with some cheesy effects applied (which is a bad thing).  Those two albums for me would have been so much better if they were instrumental...

Reply #4
note: you might have some problems to read this cd on your computer or in your car...

Reply #5
note: you might have some problems to read this cd on your computer or in your car...

Uh?
Copyprotection strikes again?

Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #7
wow i'm really impressed by this album
the songs express a lot of pain and hope

Reply #8

I noticed that as well...thank God, my Plextor 12/10/32A and WinDac gave me a "perfect" copy in no time

Time to use my portable mp3 player...

EDIT: There's also a limited special edition of the album in digipac...I got that one...always after the limited more artistic digipac versions.

Reply #9
Uh?
Copyprotection strikes again?

Apparently the non-US (Europe and Australia at least, probably elsewhere too) release is copy-protected; I've gotten first-hand confirmation of this and it's also in c't's blacklist of "un-CDs." The US release is supposedly not, though I haven't gotten first-hand confirmation of this.

Reply #10
Everything on it'is pretty good.
They've gone back to their more rock based days it seems.
Sure is getting great reviews everywhere.