Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Unsupported audio type" when trying to verify tracks (Read 3584 times) previous topic - next topic

"Unsupported audio type" when trying to verify tracks

I have used cuetools for a long time and have never had an issue verifying an album before now.  When I try to verify a flac album I get a generic message that says "Unsupported audio type".  This happens for all albums regardless, even albums I have successfully verified before,  I am at a loss why this would all of a sudden be happening.

I am using the current version of cuetools.

Re: "Unsupported audio type" when trying to verify tracks

Reply #1
I am using the current version of cuetools.
?
Current stable version 2.1.6 or latest development version 2.1.7? Did you recently switch versions? Same machine?

This happens for all albums regardless, even albums I have successfully verified before
"Unsupported audio type" can occur when a decoder is not found or CUETools cannot access the plugins folder.
Advanced Settings > Formats (tab) > flac
Which decoder is showing?
korth

Reply #2
I think that is my issue, no decoder shows up in advanced settings for flac. Which is very strange because I have never had this issue before and have  never had to manually select or add the flac format & map the decoder in the advanced settings.

I am using version 2.1.6

Reply #3
So same computer, no new antivirus or security software and you didn't change anything in CUETools or move the folder.
I'd try
1. downloading a fresh copy, unpacking to a different location then giving that one a run.
and/or
2. (exit CUETools) rename the file settings.txt then start CUETools. settings.txt is located either in %appdata%\CUE Tools\ or if running as portable, in the CUE Tools\ sub-folder.

Had you said you switched computers, I would have pointed you to https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116289.msg959968.html#msg959968
korth

Reply #4
I should clarify, I keep cuetools portable on an internal hard drive on my computer separate from the drive that stores my operating system and it always stays in the folder its been for the past year.  I did perform a clean system install before this issue happened and noticed my issue with cuetools after the restore.  I have restored my computer several times within the last year and have never had this problem with cuetools.

I tried your suggestions and also followed the instructions in the link you provided with no success.

I did notice that in "Advanced Options' - "Format"  the only file types I have decoders listed for is "wav" with "cuetools" decoder, "m4a" with ffmpeg alac" decoder, and "tak" with "takc" decoder.