Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 222450 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #25
Thanks for the quick fix.  =]

Database Search

Reply #26
sorting string not work fine:

copy "display sting" in "sorting string" , "use diplay string for sorting" is not used.
enter query
logically we must obtain the same diplay result, but in reality it is not sorted alphabetical

however the result is correct

sorry for my poor english

win98 se
foobar 0.6 b7
DB Search plugin 0.6 ansi
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #27
sorting string not work fine:

copy "display sting" in "sorting string" , "use diplay string for sorting" is not used.
enter query
logically we must obtain the same diplay result, but in reality it is not sorted alphabetical

Damn typo caused results not to sorted at all, when "Use display string for sorting" was disabled.  While greatly improving the speed, this was not the intended behaviour. foo_dbsearch 0.6 update2 does not have this problem, and is now available for download.

Database Search

Reply #28
now your component work fine.

you have only to work at increase speed, correct with my duron 1.1 and my 1000 mpc files, but surement slow with 10000 files and 500 mhz processor...
thank you for your database search
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #29
you have only to work at increase speed, correct with my duron 1.1 and my 1000 mpc files, but surement slow with 10000 files and 500 mhz processor...
thank you for your database search

foo_dbsearch is very flexible - just think of all the things you can do with separate search/display/sorting strings and the new special fields (show entries that matched all/any words, sort by number of hits, ...). the searching code is also quite simple, which is good for maintenance.
this comes at a price though, and this price is speed...

EDIT: use a separate, but empty sorting string. when you have many entries in the result list, this greatly increases speed
ok, a more practical approach would be to make your formatting strings as simple and short as possible.

Database Search

Reply #30
i love your component!
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #31
me too! if you want anything...my house...my car...my sister...just ask!

Seriously, many thanks, you and Curious George keep up the good work. 

Database Search

Reply #32
foobat 0.6 b11:

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_dbsearch.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with outdated version of foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #33
Peter broke the component compatability apparently, so the version number got bumped up.  All the third-party plugins will need to be recompiled against the newest SDK.

edit:
Both Meta Search and (I think) Database Search will need to be re-worked a bit.  Some functions were dropped from the new SDK.

Database Search

Reply #34

idea:  add delay before performing a search

with 200gigs of mp3s search on my slowl 1ghz machine it
takes approximatelly 1minute per character, usually I dont
search just for mp3s that have one specific letter/character
so maybe delay the search by a fraction of a second to let
me type rest of the search?

If not that, change so that it starts a search once character
limit is met (ie: 3 chars entered required for minimum
search)

/apz,  Life is like an analogy.

Database Search

Reply #35
Uncheck 'Update search results when query changes' and press enter after you've written the whole thing you're going to search.

Database Search

Reply #36
Uncheck 'Update search results when query changes' and press enter after you've written the whole thing you're going to search.

That's exactly the right thing to do in this situation. An option to delay the start of the search will not be added.

Database Search

Reply #37
feature request :
use playlist font for database search, or choose font.

it is hard to make ?
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #38
I don't think there's any way to use the playlist font (or I would have made foo_shizzle do just that), but it's not a big deal to add a selectable font.  foosion probably just hasn't gotten around to that yet.

Database Search

Reply #39
if it's not a big deal to add a selectable font...

foosion ?

Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #40
Actually, I just remembered something.  He's using an owner-drawn list-box, so it might be more trouble.  I'm not sure.

Database Search

Reply #41
Actually, I just remembered something.  He's using an owner-drawn list-box, so it might be more trouble.  I'm not sure.

Well, I'm not using an ownerdrawn list box anymore. In fact, official versions of the plugin never had it. It didn't work on XP, do you remember?  I guess it's not that hard to make the font configurable (there is some helper in the SDK, IIRC). I just don't know when I'll get around to do it, so please be patient.

Database Search

Reply #42
Well, just check out the albumlist for a quick, extremely simple example. 

I guess I misunderstood about the owner-draw listbox.  I thought a fixed version of it had made its way into the latest releases.

Database Search

Reply #43
Well, just check out the albumlist for a quick, extremely simple example. 

I already knew about this, but thanks for the hint anyway. I will be at my parents' house until Easter Monday, so I won't be working on any fb2k plugin.

I guess I misunderstood about the owner-draw listbox.  I thought a fixed version of it had made its way into the latest releases.

Unfortunately not, but if it had worked, there would probably exist a special version with color codes as an easter egg by now.

Database Search

Reply #44
foo_dbsearch 0.9 public test
Important things first: This version is still for Foobar2000 0.6x. There is no updated documentation, however most of the documentation for foo_dbsearch 0.8 still applies (query syntax, options, ...). The changes are mainly centered around the GUI. So toy with it, and try to break it
If anything is unclear, do not hesitate to ask.

download link: foo_dbsearch-0.9.zip

from the change log:
[0.9]
2003-06-26
- upgraded to 0.667 sdk
- added custom list control
- made color codes work in display string
- experimental: enhanced color codes for background color:
  "<text>@<bg>|<sel_text>@<sel_bg>}"
- multiple search domains: integrated are the database and the playlist,
  more possible via plugins
- separated user-defined filter from display string
- removed context menu hack
- renamed %_total_tokens% and %_matched_tokens% special fields to
  %_total_keywords% and %_matched_keywords%
- added configuration for (default) colors
- basic help in configuration (to be enhanced)

@mods: Please move this thread to the 3rd party forum. Thanks.

Database Search

Reply #45
Not a big issue, but the colors won't change before a restart of foobar. Could this be fixed?  Otherwise this looks really good, keep up the good work!

Database Search

Reply #46
Can't reproduce, colour changes in the config are applied to the search result window immediately here (fb 0.667, winxp)

Can you please try to describe the problem and what you're doing more accurately?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Database Search

Reply #47
That's weird, I tried it again and now it works fine

Database Search

Reply #48
Changing the font while the search window was open, did neither redraw the result list nor was the line height updated. Fixed.

Database Search

Reply #49
without contest menu hack , "open directory"  isn't  useful: can you remove from context menu?
Music is my first love.