Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with Camera (Read 1604 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with Camera

I need help with setting up my new camera. I want to use it to record my neighbors making a ruckus, yelling things through the wall, running up and down, ect. Screaming friendly death threats.

This is the camera I have with the digital manual to it.
http://www.retrevo.com/support/JVC-GZ-VX81...24315dj597/t/2/

Now, every time I try to record their music I only gets statics or nothing at all. I think there is a setting I have to change or something. But I don't know what. Its a rather expensive video camera so it probably have settings to prevent it from recording far away sounds, like traffic and music. But that isn't helping me very much ...

And lastly, if there a way to get better sound like a cheap recording device I can buy and connect to the camera? That is good enough to record the sounds through the wall much better? If so what is a cheap and good one?

Help with Camera

Reply #1
For the first question you really should ask JVC or whoever sold it to you for support. I'm sure there are tech forums which can help you deal with your problem more specifically than here.

For the second question, I would really like to know what is moving you to record your neighbors like that. This whole situation reminded me of a certain Phil Collins song.

Help with Camera

Reply #2
For the first question you really should ask JVC or whoever sold it to you for support. I'm sure there are tech forums which can help you deal with your problem more specifically than here.

For the second question, I would really like to know what is moving you to record your neighbors like that. This whole situation reminded me of a certain Phil Collins song.

Fair enough, I just googled "audio forum" and ended up here.

The main reason why I want to record them is because she is yelling "I will murder you, you fucking whore!" Every time I move in my apartment. Which, I think you understand, have made me very nervous. While she is screaming these death threats she also go from banging in the walls, throwing things around and at random occasions in the middle of the night, turning her speakers up to the loudest in a few seconds, just to wake me and everyone else up. Everyone else in my building is elderly women who are terrified of her and the only one who was willing to write a report with me, lost her husband recently after 45 years of marriage, so she is in no condition to take that battle right now.

This is my first apartment, so because I had no where to live I was given the apartment, this makes me unable to enter the renting system again for 12 months. So I can't move. The only thing I could do is trade apartment but every time anyone tries to move they do research and of course find out about this crazy girl.

In order to get my neighbors to have consequences for their action I need to prove that they are doing all of this, since I am the only one who dares to complain. That is why I need to find a way to be able to record them through the wall.