Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: pause noise (Read 3161 times) previous topic - next topic

pause noise

(fb2k v0.6b7)

Play a song. Press pause. Open up windows explorer, and click on any directory - a sharp buzz noise will be heard coming out of the speakers, instead of the usual noise explorer makes. This only happens for the first click, clicking another directory behaves normally again ... that is, until you resume playing in fb2k and hit pause again.

edit:
I'm running Win XP SP1, using a SB Live with DirectSound output (dx 9). This most certainly does not happen with any other media players I have used.

pause noise

Reply #1
What OS and what soundcard are you using?

What is your output method (DirectSound, WaveOut, ...)?

Does this also happen with other media players (Winamp, Windows Media Player)?

pause noise

Reply #2
same problem on win98se, terrratec 6fire, foobar 0.6b8 and foobar 0.586 with directsound output; direct x 8.1

but is the same problem with winamp2.81 and directsound output pluging "without fade on pause"

conclusion: foobar work fine.
Music is my first love.

pause noise

Reply #3
Doesn't happen here. Could you try if unchecking 'Allow hardware mixing' setting fixes it, AFAIK other players don't use this feature.

pause noise

Reply #4
maybe update your via drivers?