Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: qtaacenc: a command-line QuickTime AAC encoder for Windows (Read 406591 times) previous topic - next topic

qtaacenc: a command-line QuickTime AAC encoder for Windows

Reply #200
Thank you very much nao  it works fine now, as you have already mentioned!

Reply #201
qtaacenc accepts both absolute and relative paths.

Relative paths didn't work for me, qtaacenc complains about the file not being found. I cannot post the exact error message right now as I'm at work.

Still doesn't work with the latest version.

The exact error message is "QTNewDataReferenceFromFullPathCFString error: input file path is invalid".

Reply #202
Well, please explain how to reproduce the problem.

Reply #203
Well, please explain how to reproduce the problem.

I have the source file at "F:\Temp\Captures" and I wish to have the AAC file in the same directory.

In MS-DOS prompt, change to F:, then cd temp\captures.

Change to QTAACEnc directory (in my case it's C:\Utils\QTAACEnc), then enter the command line qtaacenc --tvbr 69 --highest --samplerate keep f:hammer_2x01_audio.wav f:hammer_2x01_audio.m4a.

Hope this helps.

Reply #204
Just changing
Code: [Select]
qtaacenc --tvbr 69 --highest --samplerate keep f:hammer_2x01_audio.wav f:hammer_2x01_audio.m4a
to
qtaacenc --tvbr 69 --highest --samplerate keep hammer_2x01_audio.wav hammer_2x01_audio.m4a
will work.

Reply #205
That will only work if I launch the command in the source (and destination) file directory and qtaacenc.exe is in PATH. It won't help if I have the source and destination on different drives.

Reply #206
It won't help if I have the source and destination on different drives.

What? Please show me the example. In that case of course either of them should be passed as an absolute path, I think.

Reply #207
It won't help if I have the source and destination on different drives.

What? Please show me the example. In that case of course either of them should be passed as an absolute path, I think.

For example qtaacenc --tvbr 69 --highest --samplerate keep e:source.wav f:destination.m4a , now I have to enter absolute paths for both files to make it work. I often have source files in one folder on one drive and put the encodes into a different folder on a different drive to mux later to MKV once the video encoding is done.

It's all quite basic MS-DOS prompt stuff that I do..I recall that eac3to also had this same issue way back when.

Reply #208
Hm, OK. Fixed in the latest update. Actually I didn't know such usage (drive letter stuff) of relative paths...

Reply #209
Hi nao,

looks like your hosting service cancelled its service and I can't download your program! Or, is there another place for me to download it?

thanks in advance!

Reply #211
thanks Larson!

So I got most of the stuff working... but I have a couple of questions to the more knowledgeable people out there:

--tvbr 100 --highest --samplerate auto --title %title% --artist %artist% --album %album% --genre %genre% --date %date% --composer 
%composer% --track %tracknumber%/%totaltracks% --disc %discnumber%/%totaldiscs% - %d

This is what I'm trying to use as my parameters. As you can see I'm trying to include some less-encountered parameters in foobar2000 such as total tracks and total discs. Everytime I try to run the conversion via foobar2000 it returns with an error code 0 0x00000000 and tell me to re-check my parameters. So, it looks like i'm using the wrong formatting for the totaldiscs and totaltracks... can anybody point me towards the right direction here?

EDIT: I just realized that you don't have to do any parameters with foobar and pipelining. Big fail for me.  Please disregard everything I said above.

Also, i'm trying to convert some 24/96 FLACs using qtaacenc, but is it better to set the max bit depth supported (under foobar custom encoder settings) to 16 bit instead of 24 bit because I heard that foobar does a better job with the dithering process (i'm not sure what exactly it does) compared to quicktime, and the resulting aac files will always be in 16 bits anyways. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Reply #212
http://tmkk.pv.land.to/qtaacenc/

new site

This was discussed in this thread a couple of weeks ago.

I guess none of the moderators/admins noticed my request:

Could a moderator fix the link in the first post of this thread?

... please.

EDIT

It's fixed now. Thanks!

Reply #213
Hm, OK. Fixed in the latest update. Actually I didn't know such usage (drive letter stuff) of relative paths...

Thank you, this one works now

Reply #214
I am getting output files WITHOUT music, just NOISE, like static noise. No errors, nothing, conversion went just fine 
Using foobar with settings from homepage, XP, latest QT.
And it worked about a year ago, when this tool was just released and I tested it :\

Reply #215
 nice tool,get it!!!!!

Reply #216
Does the Apple SDK allow you to output in any other formats? I'm interested in using this for streaming.

Reply #217
qtaacenc used to work fine for me. before today, the last time i used it was 10/9/2010.

i can't get it to work anymore more though (in dbpoweramp, foobar or via the command line).

i have qtaacence.exe and the file selfmachine.wav in the root of my E:\ drive. When trying to convert via the commandline with the following syntax:

qtaacenc --tvbr 127 --highest selfmachine.wav

i receive the following error:

CONVERTMovieToDataRef error: cannot convert the input file

oddly, qtaacenc also creates a 0 byte file named selfmachine.m4a in the root of my D:\ drive.

Could latest updates to Win7 x64 have broken something?

This is on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all latest updates.
Have tried Quicktime v7.6.9, v7.6.8 and v7.6.5
Have tried qtaacenc v20101119 and v20100212
VC 2008 runtime installed

Reply #218
I browsed whole thread and it seems strange that no one got this problem:
I installed latest QT and tried foobar converter, which produced an error
Then going on command line qtaacenc throws error about missing "qtcf.dll"
File is located QTSystem folder and needs to be copied in system32 (at least in my case)

Thanks for --he switch

i just uninstalled/reinstalled itunes/qt. now using qt v7.6.9. i also just got the qtcf.dll error (even though i've been using qtaacenc for about a year and never had it before) using the commandline.

on win7 x64, you need to place qtcf.dll in SysWOW64.

Reply #219
ok, so the problem 2 posts above seems to be with qtaacenc.exe rather than quicktime.

the other program, qaac.exe works correctly with dbpoweramp with the following settings:

--tvbr 127 -o [outfile] -

would be great if qtaacenc.exe could be fixed though as i suppose i'm partial to it considering that it came first and the support is better...

Reply #220
Thank you so much for this programme.

Reply #221
I'm trying to transcode flac -> m4a for my Nano.  I'm using this command line in Foobar:

I get this error when I run the conversion:

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "P:\Cream\Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1)\Cream - Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1) - 08 - Born Under A Bad Sign.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters) : "E:\nano\Cream\Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1)\Cream - Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1) - 08 - Born Under A Bad Sign.m4a"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\qtaacenc.exe" --tvbr 60 --highest - "Cream - Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1) - 08 - Born Under A Bad Sign.m4a"
Working folder: E:\nano\Cream\Wheels Of Fire (Remastered)- In The Studio (Disc 1)\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters

Reply #222
Did you check if qtaacenc.exe works fine from the command prompt?

Reply #223
Worked fine with foobar 1.1.2.  Not sure why it doesn't work with 0.9.6.9

Reply #224
Try to add --ignorelength option