Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need data string for library stats... (Read 2062 times) previous topic - next topic

Need data string for library stats...

Hello!

Im working on a new colums UI skin but im searching for a data string that checks my music database like this:

Total artists, total albums and total songs.

It would be great if someone could share this code  :)

Regards

//kischa

Re: Need data string for library stats...

Reply #1
You need specify a bit more where you want to view those totals in. Using columns UI there are various ways to show totals. The most straight forward would be using the columns ui filter component. El playlist can group and display subtotals in a header (total albums of artist for example) but Elplaylist isn't a beginners option since it requiers scripting work. Facets is another option but you'll be needing foo_popup for that since you're on columns ui. Library Tree (foo_uie_library_tree) can show totals as well in the form of subtotal count next to a view node.

Reply #2
Hi jazzthieve and thanks for a quick answer!  :)

Sry for my little info in first post, heres more...

First of all, I request a java script in a square like this:

Tot Artists: xxx
Tot Albums: xxx
Total Songs: xxx

Ive tried out columns ui filter component & Facets but I did not like the layout etc.

I know a about Library Tree (foo_uie_library_tree) but I cant manage to reproduce subtotal count next to a view node. Tried the most in panel properties and my music files is correct added to database. I must be blind lol. Any solution?

Also I know a little of Elplaylist because its in my new skin but I dont know how to script (yet) just cut and paste and work the mess up from there. So do you know a script to share or option to display subtotals in a header via Elplaylist?

Thanks for helping me out!

Regards

//Kischa

Reply #3
Javascript? So you're using jscript panel then or the newer spidermonkey panel? Can't help you much with that, don't know javascript.

Library Tree, right click and select panel preferences and show sub-item counts will show totals in brackets for each node.

Elplaylist: if you're unfamiliar with scripting I wouldn't advise using Elplaylist because there wouldn't be much you could do with it. It's useless for me to give you mine because it's fully adapted to my own use. You could adapt it but as I mentioned before without some scripting knowledge you won't be able to do much with it.

I'd say using library tree seems to be your best bet. Also, something I forgot to ask, when you talk about totals what do you mean by that? The amount of files or the amount of plays? The suggestions I made were about showing the amount of files, not plays.

Reply #4
Well not necessarily javascript, any type of of premade script or plugins works for me (If I can figure them out so to speak)

With totals I mean the amount of files in each category.

I have Elplaylist installed with borrowed code and I have adapted it to my skin as good as I can but I have no code with totals in it...on the other side, without having any major scripting knowledge I rest my case...for a while  ;)

Thanks for the Library Tree tip I will try that out right away!

Reply #5
I just tried your Library Tree tip but I could only get it to show total albums for each artist.

Is there any way to show total library albums somewhere in Library Tree panel?

Reply #6
Set your view format to %album% (or whatever extra album information you want to add) and set your filter to %album% PRESENT.

Reply #7
Ok I tried this two ways:

First I did a cleanup in my Library Tree  panel.

Setup 1:

View format to %album% and and changed my filter to %album% PRESENT.

Closed panel and picked the my edited row in "filters" scrollbar.

Outcome:  Albums and tot songs to the right. 

Setup 2:

View format to %artist% and and changed my filter to %album% PRESENT.

Outcome: Artist and total albums to the right.

Maby Im not doing this right or maby I have not been giving you the right information again lol.

My wish is to have it to show 1 total sum of all my library albums and not for each artist.

Thanks for having patience with  :-[

Reply #8
Setup 1 gives you the total amount of albums next to the node as long as %album% tag field is filled in.  No idea how you get to see total songs instead of total albums as nowhere in the view mode does it define anything that relates to a single track. So either your explanation of setup 1 is wrong or you didn't do as I advised. The %album% view format and %album% PRESENT filter gives me exactly the amount of albums when I test it. %album% view format simply groups all %album% together, unless you made something like %album% %title% or %album% %filename%, something that would group according to a smaller element (relating to an individual file) you won't be seeing a count that relates to amount of total songs.

Reply #9
Yes its probably my fault in setup. I will make a printscreen to my dropbox and return after that.

Reply #10
Problem solved!

I could not fix this in Library Tree but when I tried the spidermonkey panel it was no match!

@jazzthieve Thanks for all help it was much appreciated!  ;D

Reply #11
I'm kinda getting the impression you weren't using foo_uie_library_tree at all but rather you were using Library Tree (This one). I'm not surprised none of what I mentioned really worked. Library Tree is a jsricpt/spidermonkey script by Wilb, foo_uie_library_tree is a columns ui component. They look similar but aren't the same.

Reply #12
Ive got them mixed up sry  :-[

Reply #13
If you're still up for it, this is the one I was talking about.

Reply #14
Ok thanks!  :)

Reply #15
Btw, do you know if there are any performance differences or major bugs between these two when using a x-large music library?

Reply #16
I'm not too familiar with Wilb's script so i can't really comment on that. Foo_uie_library_tree will eat ram if you make a node which has every single file of your library in it if you're talking about libraries the size of a couple hundred thousands files. So if you want to list all your albums under a node, don't include the files in a subnode if you have a gigantic library and don't have ram to spare. Haven't experienced any bugs with foo_uie_library_tree, been using it for a decade.

Reply #17
Great info tanks alot!!

One more question...if you got time.

If you know stuff about ELPlaylist heres maby a tough one to brick.

I want my panel short for ELPlaylist so it only show album name and 8 songs and thats no problem but my issue is when I select an

album (and not the first one, that one works) it drops down 2-3 rows and then shows the next coming album above. My pl dont look.

I belive this is a feature but do you know a fix for this maby?  ;D

Reply #18
Sorry for my bad spelling earlier..I was in a rush  :-[

Here is a link with two playlist pictures that decribes my issue.

https://www.deviantart.com/pingu2009

Reply #19
I'm not too familiar with Wilb's script so i can't really comment on that. Foo_uie_library_tree will eat ram if you make a node which has every single file of your library in it if you're talking about libraries the size of a couple hundred thousands files. So if you want to list all your albums under a node, don't include the files in a subnode if you have a gigantic library and don't have ram to spare. Haven't experienced any bugs with foo_uie_library_tree, been using it for a decade.

Thanks for all help got it working now :)

I will credit you (your nic here) and many more if I release my Colums UI skin some day!