Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2 independently controlled play lists? (Read 2477 times) previous topic - next topic

2 independently controlled play lists?

Basically, I'm hoping I can use 2 playlist panels for 2 different purposes.
One I want to use as a local media library, affected by the browser panels and quick search.
The other would act as the queue, possibly affected by the playlist dropdown.

I've tried the queue manager, but it's just a little lacking.
I want to be able to swap song positions and change playback styles with respect to the queue.
Could I do this using trackinfo?
I haven't played around with that at all.

Anyway, if anyone has a setup similar to what I'm looking for, I'd love some insight.
My coding ain't great, but I pick things up pretty quick on my own when I need to.

Thanks,
Alex

*edit*
My grammar is horrid :-)

Reply #1
Yeah: this would be helpful. I tried using a SCPL in ColumnsUI for the queue, along with Columns Playlist for library.
ie

Horizontal Separator
  -SCPL (set to Now playing)
  -Columns Playlist
, along with anything else

Only problem with this was it kept changing playlists, and so became quite annoying whenever i changed tags, so I eventually got rid of it. Other than that, I've not discovered an obvious way to do this. Sorry!
If at first you don't succeed, so much for hang-gliding

Reply #2
One I want to use as a local media library, affected by the browser panels and quick search.
The other would act as the queue, possibly affected by the playlist dropdown.

Other than being able to view both these playlists at the same time, you can pretty much do what you want with existing components.

What I'd do is make a seperate playlist and call it "queue" or whatever. Make a keyboard shortcut for "send to <queue> playlist". Have a different playlist for your browser and album tree etc. When you want to queue a song, just use your shortcut to add to that playlist.

It's a very ugly "hack", but it works.