Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio CD iso from wav files on the shell (Read 4790 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio CD iso from wav files on the shell

I googled around for this but haven't found a solution.  I want to take a directory of wav files and write them to an iso file that can be burned off to a CD (a functional audio CD) at a later time.  Closest I found is using /usr/bin/genisoimage but it doesn't make an audio CD image, rather, just a data iso.

Code: [Select]
genisoimage -o test.iso ./music/*.wav

Reply #1
An ISO image is a data image, so that is to be expected.

Reply #2
Agreed, but rather a data iso != an audio iso.  I can rip an audio CD to a single iso file but I can't seem to make a single iso file from individual wav files that is in the same CDDA format.

Reply #3
cdrecord can burn WAV files as an audio CD.

Reply #5
I can rip an audio CD to a single iso file
Do you mean, instead, an image stored as a .bin file with a corresponding .cue file? In any case, ripping multiple tracks to a single file is not of much use if one does not also store the table of contents in some way.

Reply #6
Right... but I want to write it to an image (iso) not the physical device.

Reply #7
I want to take a directory of wav files and write them to an iso file that can be burned off to a CD (a functional audio CD) at a later time.
(strikeout is mine)

If this is indeed your goal, then encoding the directory of wav files to a single lossless file (e.g., flac, wavpack) w/ embedded cue sheet is the solution.  You also get tagging and data compression to boot.

Reply #8
I think skamp got the question right.  He's trying to burn an audio CD using some wav files.  He's trying to generate the .iso file first and the commandline that he uses generates a data cd (ISO-MODE2), not a redbook cd (CDDA).

To the op: Try the solution skamp gave you, or else try some of the graphical tools in linux for burning cd's.

Reply #9
Nice discussion, guys.  Solution:

$ cat ~/bin/bincue 
#!/bin/bash
[[ -z "$1" ]] && echo "Must give a dir!" && exit 1
cd "$1"
shntool cue *.flac > 00-"$1".cue
shntool join *.flac

$ cd /mnt/music