Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar not playing very beginning of audio (Read 1218 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar not playing very beginning of audio

I've noticed recently, though I'm not sure how long it's been going on, that when I play a song in foobar it skips the first, I'd say half of a second of audio.

It's a small skip but it's been irritating me a lot. The only way to prevent this skip is by starting the track by advancing to it from a track before it.

Reply #2
It happens across all tracks, most noticeably on anything that immediately starts with some kind of percussion

Other players aren't having the issue

Pretty sure there's no cuesheet

Also, rewinding the song back to the beginning still causes the skip

Reply #3
After experimentation, I've realized the skip also only happens if I start a track while I'm already listening to one, or have one paused.

If there's nothing playing, the track plays normally

I guess that could maybe be considered a fix? Some way to prevent it at all would be cool tho

Reply #4
Sounds like you have fading turned on. It's under Preferences -> Playback -> Output

Reply #5
That was it, thanks a ton