Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audigy SPDIF bypass (Read 5691 times) previous topic - next topic

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Hi, I'm using the SB Audigy and record to MiniDisc through the Hoontech SBII bracket (TOSLink out). Now when one uses the Audigy Drive! the option 'SPDIF bypass' is available in AudioHQ. However, when using a non-Creative (like Hoontech's) extension the option is not available. How can I activate the bypass option manually??

What I had in mind is a Winamp plugin that uses this bypass option to create track marks: between two songs the bypass option is shortly enabled, which makes the MD stop recording and shortly after procede recording in a new track. Shouldn't this be possible??

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Reply #1
Huh... wierd.

Sounds almost like there is some kind of hardware related switch that tells the card (and software) "I've got a external adapter plugged in"  and the Hoontech isn't flipping it.

If that's so,  you could (probably) pull up the right line on the interface (solder a resistor to the right place) on your Hoontech..  and it would just work..

I have no idea,  just guessing wildly here.. 

Try for something about this in Hoontech or Creative or musician sound card forums..  or see if there's anything on Hoontech's site..

Sounds like your "recorder control" feature would work fine,  as long as you can figure out how to get that feature working with your hardware..

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, but I wouldn't know on what forum to post this question. Creative sure won't help me .

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Reply #5
Still no replies over there

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Reply #6
You could try if kX Project drivers allow selecting the bypass regardless that the device is not from Creative. But I don't believe there is plugin that takes advantage of this for minidisc recording, you will have to resort using pause between tracks.

Audigy SPDIF bypass

Reply #7
Originally posted by Case
You could try if kX Project drivers allow selecting the bypass regardless that the device is not from Creative. But I don't believe there is plugin that takes advantage of this for minidisc recording, you will have to resort using pause between tracks.

Well, I already use these drivers, so that's no problem. But there has to be a programmer who would want to make such a thing