Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with setup  (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with setup

What DSPs or other options should I be using with a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pros, how do I set them up and what are the best settings, also what are the best settings for crossfade? I want my music to blend seamlessly from song to song with absolutely no silence in between.

Re: Help with setup

Reply #1
If there's nothing wrong with the sound there's no need for DSP.   Is there something you want to fix or change?

also what are the best settings for crossfade?
That's a matter of personal preference.   What software?  

Personally, I don't like a "fade".   I like a "DJ style crossfade" where the 2nd song kicks-in as the 1st song is fading-out "naturally" (if the 1st song has a fade-out).    SqrSoft makes a Winamp plug-in that can do that, but it gives me a glitch in the audio and Winamp is old and no longer supported.    Other than the glitch it works...   :P  You can set it to start playback of the 2nd track when the dB level of your choice.    SAM DJ has something similar but I have not tried it.   And, there is one or two other DJ applications that have "smart crossfading".