Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Remove ALL metadata (Read 4793 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove ALL metadata

Hello guys.

I have couple of lossless files that I want/need to encode into MP3 files.
On the first picture you can see my "Master" file that was recorded from vinyl and downsampled to 48 kHz and 24 bits.
I want the best quality possible, so I used the following command line: lame.exe -b 320 -q 0 master.wav
When I open the new MP3 file in MediaInfo I get confused. Encoding settings: -m j -V 4 -q 0 -lowpass 20.5
Why does it say -V 4 when I'm using CBR mode? Is that a bug/glitch?
Anyway, I want to remove all of that metadata. I just want the pure MP3 file.
Is there any program that allows me to do this? (I want to REMOVE, not PAD metadata)

http://imgur.com/a/ZQ4Gc

Thanks.

Re: Remove ALL metadata

Reply #1
This is an easy thing to Google:

ID3Kill
ID3Wipe
ID3Remover

Reply #3
And those are encoded in the LAME/VBR header. Which you may remove, and then software will not even know the file is VBR without scanning it completely. And you'll break seeking in some software as well. And you'll definitely break gaplessness, assuming you encoded with LAME or FhG's encoders.

Reply #4
And those are encoded in the LAME/VBR header. Which you may remove, and then software will not even know the file is VBR without scanning it completely. And you'll break seeking in some software as well. And you'll definitely break gaplessness, assuming you encoded with LAME or FhG's encoders.

But file is CBR with 320 bitrate. Why does it say -V 4 in metadata?

Reply #5
Might not be intuitive but try VBRfix or the similar tool in foobar2000.