Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with CueTools and burning (Read 4746 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with CueTools and burning

I have .wav files from a cd that was ripped a long time ago.  I don't know what it was ripped with.  When I load the files in Cuetools and verifiy them I get this..

AR: offset 33, rip accurate (12/12), CTDB: verified OK, confidence 83, or verified OK, confidence 13.

What do I do with the offset of 33 to get a perfect burned copy of the cd?
I usually use EAC to burn my cd's from my own non-compliant cue sheets.  My drive has a read offset value of 6 so in EAC in the drive write options I put in a -6 to compensate.  I tried changing it to -33 for this perticular disc to burn but when it was done and I re-ripped it Accuraterip says it cannot be verified as accurate so I must be doing something wrong.  Any help would be great.

thanks

Reply #1
Your drive offset in EAC & the offset in CT from another drive are not the same thing. You cannot use one to fix the other...

It seems your CD was ripped by a drive with non-corrected +33 offset. Use CT fix offset feature & then burn with your correct drive offset.
I haven't burned in a while but that should do the trick, AFAIR.

Your CD might be accurate but in the end without a CUE Sheet you will never know for 100% sure if your CD is a perfect copy (Outside of raw audio data).
For exemple the original CD might have pre-emphasis which you will never know. Those cases are very rare but exist.

That gave me the idea that maybe CTDB should store pre-emphasis flag info for dummy cue, just like data track length.

Edit: Why is this in the upload forum ?

Reply #2
Never heard of a drive with an offset of 33 samples and I doubt anyone else around here has either.

With that in mind, why correct what is a perfectly good rip just to match a particular pressing that you don't own?