Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2061214 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1350
Is there a guide about how to use your tool?
Unfortunately, no, there isn't. There should be, though.

In answer to your specific question, if you click the Save button on the artwork you want for an album, it will be saved (a green tick appears over the save button when it's done) and the search window will close. If it doesn't, then click the Options link and make sure the "Automatically close after saving" box is checked. Or just close the window after saving.

As each search window closes another opens until all the (187) queued searches have been done. You can see the queued searches in the Queue Manager window; if it isn't visible you can bring it up from the Window menu.

If what you want is to automatically download the first matching artwork for all 187 albums without choosing each one then before clicking "Get Artwork For Selection" in the File Browser, click the Options link in that window and select "Automatically download and save the first result that meets set criteria" there. Now, when you click the Get Artwork button, a different window will open. I'd recommend making a careful choice of which sources to use, and possibly setting maximum and minimum size criteria before hitting the Start button if you choose to use this feature.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1351
Ok thanks for such a clear explanation! I was hoping for a "automatically pick first result" option. But I understand that might not satisfy me.
Googling around gives me a recommended size for album art is 300x300 pixels. The art will mainly be shown on my HTPC (XBMC for Windows) and I am planning to use an Android smartphone (X10 Mini Pro) as musicplayer. I think 300x300 is more than enough for a portable device..

EDIT:
Can't find an "Options" link anywhere  I am using 0.34.1.
I suppose setting criteria such as max/min size is also done in Options?

EDIT:
Immediately found a pretty annoying thing when trying to select multiple albums in File browser:
When I click just a pixel beside the checkbox, all previous boxes are unchecked and only the one lastly clicked is selected. I can start over again.
Also, when clicking not very carefully on the next checkbox, you might hit the first again, causing the program to think I did a double-click and it will start searching.

Perhaps this happens because my mouse is less accurate because I use Teamviewer on my laptop to make a remote connection to my HTPC to perform this task.. will try directly on the pc.. but with the laptop I can just do it laying on the bed

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1352
Can't find an "Options" link anywhere
Top left, just above the search results box (but under the search terms).

Immediately found a pretty annoying thing when trying to select multiple albums in File browser
How about ignoring the checkboxes and just using multi-select list semantics? Hold down Shift to select a continuous range, or Ctrl to toggle the selection of an individual item. This means, if you have Ctrl held down, clicking anywhere on the item is the same as clicking in the checkbox.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1353
Sorry, if this has been discussed before:

Is there a component for foobar that downloads automatically album arts?

I'd prefer not having to start an external program each time, I want to download an album art.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1354
Hi!  I have a couple of collections of mp3s in a single album folder Hits of 80s etc.. How could I get the program to create a folder for each song and download the artwork for each song in that folder?

Thanks!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1355
How could I get the program to create a folder for each song and download the artwork for each song in that folder?
In the File Browser, do all the different songs appear in the list? If not, then dragging and dropping just that folder on to the list so that it processes it individually, rather than as a potential single "various artists" album.

Once you have all the correct 'albums' listed in the file browser, the next step is to make it so that the art is stored in a separate folder for each one. To do this, in the Options area, change the "Specify path to find images" box to be: "%artist% - %album%\Folder%preset%.%extension%" (or similar - this example will result in sub folders like "Aerosmith - Big Ones" with an image file like "Folder.jpg" in them).

Then just use Get Artwork for Selection as normal.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1356
Hello,

thanks for great product first!

I'd like to open the proxy theme again - would it be possible to add proxy authentication? I'm behind proxy which requires authentication - therefore I press search and see in proxy logs many denied anonymous requests.

Thanks

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1357
would it be possible to add proxy authentication?
Album Art Downloader uses the system (or internet explorer) proxy settings. These can be accessed through Control Panel, Internet Options. If you've got authentication set up in there, it should just work.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1358
would it be possible to add proxy authentication?
Album Art Downloader uses the system (or internet explorer) proxy settings. These can be accessed through Control Panel, Internet Options. If you've got authentication set up in there, it should just work.

Alex

Hi Alex,

that's really quick reply :-)
in Internet Options it¨s possible to set up proxy server, but not the authentication ... :-(

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1359
I don't use an authenticating proxy, so I don't know how one is usually set up for system-wide use, then.

I did put a nasty hack into AAD to let you force the proxy settings to use, though. You can download Proxy Configuration - AlbumArt.exe.config to use as a template. Edit that file to put your proxy information in the places marked, then save it as "AlbumArt.exe.config" in the same folder as AlbumArt.exe, and see if that helps at all.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1360
Hello All,

This program looks great!

I'm just running into one small problem that I can't sem to get around.

I use Sonos and they instructed me to name my artwork files "folder.jpg" not "Folder.jpg" (note the capital "F")

So, currently in my very large library, I have most things (except those missing artwork!) named "folder.jpg".

I figured out how to get it to search my library for 'folder.jpg' so that was good.

The problem is that I use the File Browser to find missing artwork. Then I select the albums I want to search for. For whatever reason, that search window always wants to save the file as "Folder.jpg".
No matter what I seem to try, I cannot get it to default to "folder.jpg".

I know I can manually edit the file name to change it to 'folder.jpg', but that makes the whole process take a lot longer and sort of makes this great program less useful (and less automated).

I assume there must be a way to fix this.

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks in advance!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1361
The problem is that I use the File Browser to find missing artwork. Then I select the albums I want to search for. For whatever reason, that search window always wants to save the file as "Folder.jpg".
No matter what I seem to try, I cannot get it to default to "folder.jpg".

In the File Browser window, click the Options link, then edit the "Path to search for images" box to say folder instead of Folder.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1362
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tried that and sadly it doesn't work.

In the File Browser I have this as the 'specify path to find images':
Folder%preset%.%extension%|folder.jpg

But, after doing a search for images, it still defaults back to "Folder.jpg".

On the search results screen, if I go to options, I can see it says "Images will be saved to" and it has "Folder%preset%.%extension%". But, that field cannot be edited.

Any other ideas?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1363
In the File Browser I have this as the 'specify path to find images':
Folder%preset%.%extension%|folder.jpg
It defaults to the first option, so you're adding a (redundant) alternative rather than editing it. Just have "folder%preset%.%extension%", or just "folder.%extension%" if you know you won't be using presets. You could have "folder.jpg", but using %extension% instead means that if the image isn't a jpeg, it gets the correct extension assigned for it.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1364
Hi Alex,
a few weeks ago I ran into this problem when I'm trying to start AlbumArt.exe or aad.exe.
Well, the program crashes right after starting it and then Windows 7 tries to search for a solution.
After this I get a dump file from the crash. Actually I don't know what it means so perhaps you have an idea.
I think this problem appeared after installing MS Visual Studio 2010 and .Net Framework 4 but after deinstalling these two the problem still exists. I also verified my .net Framework 3.5 SP1 files with Aaron Stebner's Verification Tool and every test was successful.

content of WERE54F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<WERReportMetadata>
<OSVersionInformation>
<WindowsNTVersion>6.1</WindowsNTVersion>
<Build>7600 </Build>
<Product>(0x1): Windows 7 Ultimate</Product>
<Edition>Ultimate</Edition>
<BuildString>7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909</BuildString>
<Revision>1</Revision>
<Flavor>Multiprocessor Free</Flavor>
<Architecture>X64</Architecture>
<LCID>1031</LCID>
</OSVersionInformation>
<ParentProcessInformation>
<ParentProcessId>1868</ParentProcessId>
<ParentProcessPath>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</ParentProcessPath>
<ParentProcessCmdLine>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</ParentProcessCmdLine>
</ParentProcessInformation>
<ProblemSignatures>
<EventType>APPCRASH</EventType>
<Parameter0>AlbumArt.exe</Parameter0>
<Parameter1>0.34.1.0</Parameter1>
<Parameter2>4b4051aa</Parameter2>
<Parameter3>KERNELBASE.dll</Parameter3>
<Parameter4>6.1.7600.16385</Parameter4>
<Parameter5>4a5bdfe0</Parameter5>
<Parameter6>e0434f4d</Parameter6>
<Parameter7>000000000000aa7d</Parameter7>
</ProblemSignatures>
<DynamicSignatures>
<Parameter1>6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1</Parameter1>
<Parameter2>1031</Parameter2>
</DynamicSignatures>
<SystemInformation>
<MID>23875887-2401-44FF-AFF2-4FAC577BDAE8</MID>
<SystemManufacturer>MSI</SystemManufacturer>
<SystemProductName>MS-7520</SystemProductName>
<BIOSVersion>V1.10</BIOSVersion>
</SystemInformation>
</WERReportMetadata>

output of windbg for the file WER3F7.tmp.mdmp
Code: [Select]
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\WER3F7.tmp.mdmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Sun May 16 23:20:17.000 2010 (GMT+2)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:25.755
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:00:12.000
Loading unloaded module list
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(cc0.aac): CLR exception - code e0434f4d (first/second chance not available)
ntdll!NtWaitForSingleObject+0xa:
00000000`77c6fefa c3              ret
0:000> .ecxr
rax=0000000077f494aa rbx=0000000002863a88 rcx=000000000022f3d0
rdx=00000000000000e0 rsi=00000000e0434f4d rdi=0000000000cf5470
rip=000007fefdc3aa7d rsp=000000000022f9e0 rbp=0000000000000000
 r8=0000000000000000  r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000038
r11=000000000022fa20 r12=000000000022fb00 r13=ffffffff80070002
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000001
iopl=0        nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0033  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b            efl=00000206
KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x39:
000007fe`fdc3aa7d 4881c4c8000000  add    rsp,0C8h

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1365
the program crashes right after starting it
Could you check if it produced an errorlog.txt file in the Album Art Downloader program folder? If not, could you try either granting full permissions to the Album Art Downloader program folder for the account you will be running it under, or moving it to a folder outside Program Files (which should by default have full permissions). If you run it again, then it may still crash, but hopefully might produce the errorlog.txt which would allow me to determine what the problem with it is.

Thanks,

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1366
ok, perhaps crashing is the wrong word. Right after executing AlbumArt.exe the Windows problem solving procedure starts saying that Album Art Downloader doesn't work anymore. So I don't get any errorlog.txt produced by your program and I also tried different starting locations.
By the way - the aad.exe works now after reinstalling Framework 3.5 SP1.
Paint.net 3.5 works, too, which has framework 3.5 sp1 as an requirement.

Actually I think there's no problem with your program but I messed up my computer somehow 
I hoped the minidump file would be of any help for the developer.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1367
Quick question for a great application...
When I run the application, I have to do File > New File Browser > Search (or run the CTRL B shortcut and select Search).
This means the original window that opens is effectively redundant.
Is there some way I can store the option to perform a scan of a stored drive when I launch the application rather than having to go through the menus or use the shortcuts.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1368
Sorry, the only thing it tells me is that an error occurred somewhere within the internals of the .net framework - it doesn't give me a clue as to what the error was or what may have caused it.

Is there some way I can store the option to perform a scan of a stored drive when I launch the application rather than having to go through the menus or use the shortcuts.
Yes, change the command line of the shortcut you are using to open it to add the parameter /fileBrowser
If you want it to immediately start a scan of a specified folder, you can add that too, like: /fileBrowser "c:\music"

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1369
Sorry, the only thing it tells me is that an error occurred somewhere within the internals of the .net framework - it doesn't give me a clue as to what the error was or what may have caused it.

ok, anyhow thanks for your help and keep up your work on this very helpful tool!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1370
Thanks that works great!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1371
I'd like to save the artwork to the folder the album is located, but I have my library sorted like this:

E:\Music\%band%\[%date%] - %album%\%artist% - %track% - %title%

I guess what I want to know is will AAD recognize the %band% tag so I can set it to search/save in those folders? or can I set it to just save in the same fold that the mp3 is located in?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1372
Never mind, I found a solution to my problem.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1373
Album Art Downloader XUI v0.35 Released

Just a minor bug fixing release here, mostly to bring all the scripts up to date and remove the Lala and MusicMight scripts (as they no longer have working search services).

Other changes:
  • Interaction between context menu and auto select all in artist and album search boxes fixed
  • Stop All during Search First bug fixed
  • Updated scripts: ArkivMusic, Cover-Paradies, Coveralia, Juno-Records, Yes24

Download:
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.exe (Installer. Recommended)
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.zip (zip archive for those who don't like installers)
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (required, except for Windows 7)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1374
I like this tool a lot, been using it for quite some time now but... there's a "but":

Settings seem to be quite a mess.

1. This program looks more like three things in one: Search window, File browser and Foobar browser. You might say I'm slow thinking but I think these things stay in sync only if you restart everything (maybe keeping the settings put in the last window closed) and there are settings that seem to belong only to one of the components. Maybe putting everything in one window with three tabs and an extra tab for settings would make things a little bit more clear.

2. Why the patterns for the search matching in File browser have to be the same as those for file saving? I've used to only keep the front cover (cover.jpg) so I'm looking for this file. But lately I've started looking for the other covers and name them front, back, cd, etc. Now I seem not to be able to look for cover.jpg and use one of the presets to save into front, back, etc.

So if anyone has any idea how to deal with these please give me some hints. AlexVallat if you consider these worth looking into you might take them into consideration for future versions.

Thanks!

Later edit: Also, a nice addition would be search engines profiles: one profile for a few selected ones, one for others, one for all (if, for example, the cover can only be found on amazon or google).