Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9.3 beta 2] Kernelstreaming (Read 3144 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9.3 beta 2] Kernelstreaming

Hi!

When I change the volume (via slider or shortcut) there is a delay, before the volume gets changed. Trackchanges take effect immidiatelly.
This doesn't happen with DirectSound.

Is there anything I cand do?

Thanks in advance!
Chaser

Reply #1
This behaviour is not new for 0.9.3 beta 2, volume changes have always been lagged on the Kernel streaming output. If you don't like that, you can use DirectSound.

Reply #2
I just tried Kernel Streaming mainly because of this problem of mine (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=45187&hl=). Another quite useful advantage is that it bypasses the volume set by windows/the driver - so that I can set the volume independently.

Is the "soundlagging" a general issue with Kernel Streaming?

Nevertheless, thank you for your quick reply!

Reply #3
I believed it's not a general issue with Kernel Streaming, because Media Player Classic with KS output seems to have no problem adjusting volume in realtime (or almost realtime).

Reply #4
Another remark: Fading on pause is also not-working with KS enabled. It stops and resumes playback immediatelly (I set it to 600ms).

Reply #5
I just tried Kernel Streaming mainly because of this problem of mine (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=45187&hl=). Another quite useful advantage is that it bypasses the volume set by windows/the driver - so that I can set the volume independently.

Is the "soundlagging" a general issue with Kernel Streaming?

Nevertheless, thank you for your quick reply!

I'm fealing dull to quite myself. Will there be some more development on this?