Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Often ask but not understood (Read 1411 times) previous topic - next topic

Often ask but not understood

Hi everyone,

I would know how to download a mix of music on youtube but without the video, only the audio, because I know the video takes a large size on final file.

I have already youtube-dl, the plugin install in my foobar2000. And it works but file is too large I know there is the video part inside.

Also I would like to know how to download music's mixes on Soundcloud ?

I've searched here and there but it wasn't clear to me on how to do these.

Thanks.

Re: Often ask but not understood

Reply #1
youtube-dl is not a foobar plugin, but can be used with foobar in 2 ways:
1. within foo_youtube to search and play youtube or soundcloud etc files
2. use youtube-dl directly via foo_run, see here
To get an audio-only file with youtube-dl, you can use the youtube-dl options, see here, -x extracts the audio part.
With option 2 (via foo_run) you can specify youtube-dl options yourself, for option 1 (foo_youtube) I am not aware that this is possible.
Soundcloud tracks can be handeled within youtube-dl the same way like youtube tracks, just use the soundcloud url.

Reply #2
Thanks but for the video extract I would use the GUI.

Thanks.

Reply #3
yes I will dig more difficult to understand.