Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do I need to Edit the Cue Sheet? (Read 3081 times) previous topic - next topic

Do I need to Edit the Cue Sheet?

Hope there's an easy solution to this: I created cue using EAC "Mulltiple WAV Files With Gaps...Noncompliant" Then I moved the files from their original location and after that thier cue sheet stopped working (i.e. Double-click on the .cue opens FB2K and it gives error instead of playing the files like it used to?) Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
Cuesheet must obviously have correct path to file/files. Otherwise it simply can't work. Best thing is to use relative path with no filepath, only filename I think; which means programs expect file/files to be in same directory as cuesheet. Then you can move it all around as much as you like, as long as file/files and belonging cuesheet are always kept in same directory (but ofcourse you can have absolute filepaths too, then cuesheet and file/files can be at different locations, but filepath must always be correct). Edit cuesheet with Notepad or other texteditor if necessary...

EDIT: Also: Burrrn got a nice little extra called CUEditor.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #2
Cuesheet must obviously have correct path to file/files. Otherwise it simply can't work. Best thing is to use relative path with no filepath, only filename I think; which means programs expect file/files to be in same directory as cuesheet. Then you can move it all around as much as you like, as long as file/files and belonging cuesheet are always kept in same directory (but ofcourse you can have absolute filepaths too, then cuesheet and file/files can be at different locations, but filepath must always be correct). Edit cuesheet with Notepad or other texteditor if necessary...

EDIT: Also: Burrrn got a nice little extra called CUEditor.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293913"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks MRT, I have a couple more questions though....Where and how do I set up the directory for the cue sheet to have the "relative" path you referred to, is it easily found in EAC? (I'd look around but I'm at work right now)...Do I simply give it a path like, say, C:\ ? Will FB2K go out and "find" it this way?

Second: I looked through FB2K's options fairly thouroughly and didn't find anything to edit .cue files....However, I DID find I could open the .cue with a text editing program like wordpad. There wasn't a path to ANY directory when doing this though?

Reply #3
FILE "Korn\(1994) Korn\02. Korn - Ball Tongue.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Ball Tongue"
    PERFORMER "Korn"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

As an example.

You have to edit ".wav" to the format you've compressed your files, but "WAVE" has to remain!

Furthermore in the line "FILE..." you just need to put in the right path (Windows Standard Paths Description).

But instead, it is much simplier just to put the .cue into it's directory.

/UPDATE: A friend just told me, it may not work to put standard paths in it, but I'm rather busy to try it out, so I suggest you do.