Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: on SBR QMF analysis filtering (Read 3228 times) previous topic - next topic

on SBR QMF analysis filtering

Hello everybody!

I've been trying to implement on Matlab the 64-band SBR QMF analysis filtering as defined in ISO/IEC 14496-3 Amendment 1 on Spectral Band Replication. I have followed the flowchart described in the 64-band analysis and 64-band synthesis filtering.

When I input a single frequency sinewave, the output after synthesis filtering looks fine, a delayed version of the input. Except for glitches which occurs regularly at samples which are multiple of 64. This migh be related to the window shift of the filtering (64 samples). I have also tried to filter and reconstruct an audio signal (song), and the same thing happens. I have struggled for a few days to check my code, and could not find where could I have possibly made a mistake. Below is the image of the reconstructed sinewave.

Please advice on the possible problem. Or is the glitches due to aliasing, hence the filter bank is not PR?

Thanks and regards,
Sam.