Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_chronflow – Coverflow (Read 72630 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_chronflow – Coverflow

Reply #100
Recently updated from 0.4.5 to 5.1 and have an issue now: The displayed cover doesn't follow the played track anymore. When I start a song by double clicking it in a random self generated playlist (all files are in my media library) Chronflow won't automatically display the album playing anymore. I can chose an album in Chronflow and it will play in the chronflow-playlist though.

So the following stopped completely? Is it still activated in the settings? What happens when you focus the panel (click once anywhere in it) and press F6? That should focus the currently playing album.

Reply #101
Yes following doesn't work at all anymore. It is set to follow after 15 seconds (AFAIK this is default). I tried other values but didn't have success. Also pressing F6 doesn't have a visible effect.

I just backed up foobar2000 and with a fresh config the new version works. So probably something in my config is causing the trouble (still: it's odd that the old version still works okay).

I will now try to refresh my library and see if that changes something. 

Reply #102
Didn't work.

I think I will have to reset all settings and build my config new. I will copy old files until it doesn't work anymore and adjust the rest manually. So far I can say that neither the core configuration nor the columns_ui config seem to be an issue.

Reply #103
coverflow seems to stop WIN10-Volume-control-integration. 

Reply #104
I love this component, but is it possible to let it show the actual playlist selection?

Specifically I'd like to use the Filters from ColumnsUI and when I select a Genre for example I'd like to see only the albums of that Genre in Coverflow. Also when I then select an album in Coverflow it would be awesome to see the albums content in Playlist view.

Reply #105
I have a problem playing with double click, I noticed only some songs play,
singles with only one track in the album will play, others in albums with multiple tracks just don't.
Any way to fix this?

Reply #106
Hi Chronial !!
First of everything, a big thank you for your work. It is highly appreciated.
I'm using Foobar2000 v1.4.6, with windows pro XP 32 bits with graphic card AMD Radeon HD 4350.
When using the "new version" foo_chronflow v0.5.0 or foo_chronflow v0.5.1, I always receive the erro message "This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."
I tried to use standard graphic card drivers or the lastest known drivers, same result.
I installed Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 => same result
I installed "Windows Script Control," => same result

No idea what other thing I could try....

So I am using the old last version foo_chronflow v0.4.5, which is almost working fine...
It is usually working fine for 1-2 hours and later the covers are not showed anymore. The movement is working but shows only black covers, like if the memory was not correctly managed.

Any help?

Thank you!!!!!

Reply #107
Hey seb95. Unfortunately Windows XP is no longer supported by foo_chrownflow. I can't remember, but since v0.4 came out after the end of life of XP, it probably doesn't support XP either. You can give the very old v0.3 a try: http://chronial.de/foobar2000/foo_chronflow_v0.3.0.zip.

Reply #108
Hi!
I did a lot of tests and here are the results:
For the 0.3.0 version, it simply doesn't work, it is installed, but don't appear to be put in the layout.
I tested the 0.4.0 version and here the result (screenshot attached).
Another problem with the 0.4.2 and 0.4.3.1 version (screenshot attached)
Now I am currently testing the 0.4.4 version which is working fine, I only need to know if like the 0.4.5 version, it is not loading anymore the covers or not after 1 or 2 hours.
I also tested again the 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 versions but same result as before : "This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000".
Thanks any way for your help!

Reply #109
Hi,
So, after testing the 0.4.4, the result is the same as for the 0.4.5, after 1, 2 or 3 hours, it doesn't load anymore the covers.
Regards,

Reply #110
Can someone please provide a guide for this plug-in. It looks really cool and I cannot get this working as the Author shows. I have it installed, but stumped in setting it up. Please help.

Thanks,

MAK

Reply #111
Very great ; terrific plugin.
Thank you !

I just miss one thing: the X1 / X2 mouse buttons (Prev/Next) which seem to be not send to foobar.
Except this detail, everything else is working fine.

Reply #112
Can someone please provide a guide for this plug-in. It looks really cool and I cannot get this working as the Author shows. I have it installed, but stumped in setting it up.
What exactly has you stumped? Have you added a new panel or tab, then right clicked it, selected "replace UI element" and looked under "Library Media Viewers"? It's listed as "Coverflow".
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #113
Noob question.
First time I have used the plugin today. It is great!
For some albums it is displaying a cover for each track - mostly the albums with various artists, where each track has a different artist. What parameters would I change in the filter to fix this behavior?
I can sort with just %album% and that kind of works, but then the albums aren't grouped by artist.

Thanks so much!

Reply #114
I can sort with just %album% and that kind of works, but then the albums aren't grouped by artist.
I guess it depends on whether or not you use the album artist field, and what album artist you use for those "albums with various artists". IF you use the album artist field, and use a tag i.e. Various or  Ξ Various Ξ

In Coverflow preferences, Album Source tab...
Group by: %album artist%|%album%

If you want to sort an artist's album releases by release date (as opposed to alphabetically by album title), put | %date% | between the grouping scheme:  %album artist%|%date%| %album%
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #116
Very well done, many thanks for that!

Reply #117
Only the first song of an album is displayed when I scroll over the covers.

https://streamable.com/ipkvpx

How can the whole album be displayed?

Reply #118
I think there was a graphics driver update on my computer and now I get this error:

foo_chronflow failed to initialize:
glfw error: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

Reply #119
I think there was a graphics driver update on my computer and now I get this error:

foo_chronflow failed to initialize:
glfw error: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

Which graphics card are you using?

Reply #122
Can I select something from Album List panel and load only that covers?

Reply #124
Too bad. I would like to see that as an option. Facets don't work well with Album List.