Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio device for the network (Read 2494 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio device for the network

Hi

I'm looking for an audio device for the network (Ethernet) so that it can fully manage the sounds produced from the computers (and their applications) and from the LAN devices and that it can spread the sounds through a 2.1 sound system.

In addition, this audio Server must also serve for a TV via the analog outputs.

Thanks

Bye
Balubeto

Reply #1
I don't understand. Are you saying you want something to stream the audio produced from a PC over a network? Like the clicks and beeps? What are "the LAN devices"?

Must serve for a TV? Do you mean you can send the audio to a TV or from the TV?

Reply #2
An audio device, 2.1 output, analog and LAN inputs.
Sounds like they want an AVR.

If so, this is worth a read, even if you don't take the model they suggest.

Reply #3
I don't understand. Are you saying you want something to stream the audio produced from a PC over a network? Like the clicks and beeps?

That's right.

What are "the LAN devices"?

The LAN devices are all the devices connected via Ethernet.

Must serve for a TV? Do you mean you can send the audio to a TV or from the TV?

Since the TV only has the standard analog audio outputs, the device, which I'm looking for, should also have the analog inputs in order to listen to the TV.

Thanks

Bye
Balubeto