Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows 10 integration should use track artist rather than album artist (1.4b6) (Read 2333 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 10 integration should use track artist rather than album artist (1.4b6)

The Windows 10 integration is nice, but I think it makes more sense to display the track artist, rather than the album artist ("Various Artists" isn't that useful in the context of a single track).

Re: Windows 10 integration should use track artist rather than album artist (1.4b6)

Reply #1
+1

Re: Windows 10 integration should use track artist rather than album artist (1.4b6)

Reply #2
Indeed.
Funny thing is, I hand over comprehensive track info (title/artist/cover/albumtitle/albumartist/tracknumber/trackcount) and all they show is title+albumartist (NOT regular artist which I also hand over) and the cover.
Documentation for this API is pretty sparse, and I was unable to find any sample code for doing this from a desktop (not UWP) application.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Could you just send artist in place of albumartist?

Reply #4
Indeed.
Funny thing is, I hand over comprehensive track info (title/artist/cover/albumtitle/albumartist/tracknumber/trackcount) and all they show is title+albumartist (NOT regular artist which I also hand over) and the cover.
Documentation for this API is pretty sparse, and I was unable to find any sample code for doing this from a desktop (not UWP) application.

Hmm, you're right. If you do not set AlbumArtist, it will display Artist instead. I can't find anything about how these properties are used or where they are displayed, so I'm not sure what the impact would be of simply leaving out AlbumArtist.

Reply #5
May I ask a little suggestion? Make the taskbar thumbnail display the cover instead of the UI.

Reply #6
Make the taskbar thumbnail display the cover instead of the UI.
Isn't it Windows that is showing "the window"?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #8
Make the taskbar thumbnail display the cover instead of the UI.
Isn't it Windows that is showing "the window"?
I've used foo_w7shell for this, but it's pretty much EOL, a simple search for that dll returns not many helpful results, except for thread on reddit that has a mirror

Reply #9
It seems this has been resolved (as of beta 11, at least).

Reply #10
actually since various artists most offten appear in complitions and tribute albums maybe if its identified as such by the tags then go by  track and if not then go by album artist  because to be fair most albums are by one artist or band