Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "new" LAME 3.90.3 compiles at RareWares? (Read 4452 times) previous topic - next topic

"new" LAME 3.90.3 compiles at RareWares?

I'v noticed that the timestamp for LAME 3.90.3 compiles at RareWares changed sometime in February this year and in August for "LAME 3.90.3 .exe modified to use INI File Setup"

I'm asking what's different compared to the previous builds that were realeased in late 2003...

Best regards

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #1
the INI file version has a DLL that is configurable from a .ini file, so you can hard-code it to encode, say, --preset standard even when a program using the lame.dll doesn't have an option for it.

Last year sometime they made a slight change to the LAME header if i recall so that it would display the preset used. Think that feature was backported from more recent versions.

Reply #2
I'v noticed that the timestamp for LAME 3.90.3 compiles at RareWares changed sometime in February this year and in August for "LAME 3.90.3 .exe modified to use INI File Setup"

I'm asking what's different compared to the previous builds that were realeased in late 2003...

Best regards

Sergio
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247157"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

IIRC, Jebus is correct regarding the inclusion of the preset info in the header. However, the "LAME 3.90.3 .exe modified to use INI File Setup" is basically a standard build, including the header change, but using an ini file to set the preset encoding parameters rather than the usual command line.

Reply #3
So the main difference between the builds that are available right now and the previous ones is the inclusion of the "preset info" in the LAME tag? Correct?

BUT:

There once were four  DLL versions compiled to encode to APS, APFS, APE and APFE *ONLY*.
Now they are gone and instead there is an *EXE ONLY* version that reads the desiderd preset from an INI file.

IMHO it would be great to have also a DLL versions that can read the INI file...

Or am I missing something?  :-/

Cheers.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #4
So the main difference between the builds that are available right now and the previous ones is the inclusion of the "preset info" in the LAME tag? Correct?

BUT:

There once were four  DLL versions compiled to encode to APS, APFS, APE and APFE *ONLY*.
Now they are gone and instead there is an *EXE ONLY* version that reads the desiderd preset from an INI file.

IMHO it would be great to have also a DLL versions that can read the INI file...

Or am I missing something?  :-/

Cheers.

Sergio
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247208"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, you're missing something!!  Third one down, IIRC, from the exe version is the dll that uses the ini file.

Reply #5
Yep, you're missing something!!   Third one down, IIRC, from the exe version is the dll that uses the ini file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=247226"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

/me ashamed

/me need an optometrist

Thanks!   
Sergio